Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dick777
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Webmail login failure

Go to solution

I normally access my BT Yahoo mail via MacMail on my iMac or ipad and last used webmail several weeks ago to delete old e-mails. Yesterday, some e-mails from my daughter failed to appear on my Mac so I suspected that the BT Yahoo mail had sent these to its spam box. This proved correct as copies sent to my wife also did not arrive. I accessed her webmail and moved the emails out of spam. However, I tried to enter my webmail (I am the primary account holder) but was unable to do so. Each time I entered my email address and password into the login screen it just returned to the login screen with no warnings. I knew I had entered the correct address and password, for if I deliberately entered an incorrect one the usual warning that one or other is incorrect appeared. I have just tried again this morning from ipad, iMac and PC to enter my webmail with the same result, the login screen reappearing after each attempt but with no warning that either username or password is incorrect. My BT e-mail is still working correctly via Mac mail on both ipad and iMac. I had a long talk via computer with BT customer services yesterday which got nowhere. I would welcome any advice on how to get into webmail, I can still get into my BT account (different password) just the webmail login fails. I would also like to know when I can expect an automatic move from BT Yahoomail to BT mail since the process started in 2014. Again BT customer help could not tell me, only that I am still with BT Yahoo mail - which I am aware of.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Webmail login failure

Go to solution

The email migration from BTYahoo to BTMail is on indefinite hold with no further information being given out so don't expect to be moved any time soon.

What happens when you try to log in with either of these log in pages.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?&.src=ym&.intl=uk

0 Ratings
Dick777
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Hi

Both give the result as reported above either using stored email and password on my Mac or freshly entering them. No warnings that either might be incorrect just an immediate return to the login screen with the example ID and blank password.

**bleep**

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

As it is happening on all your devices it is obviously not a browser problem. I don't think there will be anything that forum members will be able to suggest to resolve this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Dick777
Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks. I will wait for the link. Maybe it has something to do with all the ads  and Cookie policy that are now on the login pages

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Dick777 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with your email. Can you send over your details and we'll look into this for you? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
hscuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

Hi, I have the same problem, login works fine on my phone or tablets, but on the PC I can only login using the Windows email app, tried different browsers and they all revert to the "example" screen very frustrating. I shall be interested if anyone has any ideas.

0 Ratings
Dick777
Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Dear hscuff

I am waiting to hear from the moderators so watch this post.

I can't get into webmail from any platform . I tried downloading the Yahoo mail ap to my Ipad, but when I tried it it told me to login on a desktop to loginyahoo.com. this appeared to recognise my email and password but led to a Yahoo UK & Ireland screen entitled Service Change which thanked be for changing service and listed the Product and Level of Service offered. The options from this screen were to continue or cancel. I chickened out at this stage and cancelled as I did not know the implications for my email account if I proceeded! I have asked the moderators about this and will keep the post up to date with their advice.

0 Ratings
AlisonM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Dear Dick777 (and other contributors)

I have just registered here specifically to report that I am currently experiencing exactly the same problem as you.

Only the primary BT Yahoo mail account is affected.  I have 2 sub-accounts that can still be accessed via webmail.  Emails to all 3 accounts are also being received as normal via an email client (Outlook).  I can still log in to My BT to manage my phone and broadband account.

I have tried the same things as you, with the same results:

- Deliberately entering incorrect details gives the usual warning, whereas entering the correct details simply makes the login screen reappear.

- Via login.yahoo.com my details are recognised and I too get the service change screen.  Clicking on mail from that page simply sends me back to BT.com. Clicking on my username gives page cannot be displayed.

I normally access all 3 accounts via webmail first thing every morning to check for anything being sent accidentally to the spam folder or for any unusual activity on my account.  So, at present, I am unable to monitor the spam folder of my primary account.  More importantly, I am unable to manage my account, e.g. add a sub-account or make any changes that require sign-in to the primary account.

An online chat to India was unhelpful as there was nothing on the flow chart that addressed this particular problem.  The only thing they could suggest was changing the password.  However, I am worried that doing that may lock me out of my account completely.  At least I can still receive (all) my emails via a client for now.

My problem began on 29/4/16.  It may or may not be a coincidence that I had to re-contract my phone and broadband account that day as my current "discount" was due to end on 1/5/16.  I had hoped that things may have corrected themselves after the new start date of 3/5/16, but no such luck!  Did you by any chance renew or change your contract before this problem began?  I'm wondering if the email account needs to be somehow re-verified?  However, surely if it were as simple as that, the various people we spoke to at BT would have been able to help.

I do hope someone can help find a solution to this.

0 Ratings
hscuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

I upgraded my contract and this came into effect about the samr time the problem started, hadn't realised, I tried to set up Outlook today, this couldn't find my email account at all. Still working on all Android devices though.

0 Ratings