cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stockdaleg
Message 1 of 4

Webmail problem not receiving emails from a specific person no error reports being sent

Go to solution

Hello there, I am using the webmail client, I have been a happy webmail user for many many years. Now a specific contact in my address book can no longer send me mails as of 01 November 2012. They email me on several addresses all of which I have in my contact list as xxxxx@theirdomain.pt . They have performed several test emails for me and cc: to another account with attachments. I receive the email at the other non btinternet account and can forward it onto my btinternet account. They say they do not receive any error reports either.

I have checked my SPAM box on the web. I have checked my blocked addresses list on the web and they are not listed there. How do I contact BT to ask them if their SPAM guard software have caught the emails somewhere I have no control over? I guess that all of a sudden their domain @theirdomain.pt has been identified as not desirable, but I cannot see why. I have occasionally had problems with their emails not being delivered for several days after they were sent but this time its serious!!!

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Webmail problem not receiving emails from a specific person no error reports being sent

Go to solution

Hi stockdaleg,

Thanks for posting! If you send us your details via the contact link in my profile and give us the email address you're having problems receiving from as well as any error messages or send failure messages the other user may be getting when they try to email you, we'll get to the bottom of this for you.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stockdaleg
Message 3 of 4

Re: Webmail problem not receiving emails from a specific person no error reports being sent

Go to solution

Hi the email header on 26 Nov was as follows I blanked out their domain as its the IP address thats relevant 213.13.175.86

From <person> Fri Oct 26 16:37:19 2012
X-Apparently-To: <me> via 188.125.84.45; Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:37:14 +0000
Return-Path: <return@theirdomain.pt>
Received-SPF: none (domain of theirdomain.pt does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-Originating-IP: [213.13.175.86]
Authentication-Results: mta1010.bt.mail.ird.yahoo.com from=theirdomain.pt; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=theirdomain.pt; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO out1.security.telecom.pt) (213.13.175.86)

When I searched the web for this IP I found it was logged on a few sites as having had SPAM activity and (the site gave examples of spam activity it said was found (email titles and stuff definitely dodgy I cannot verify if they were truthful or not)). The site said I could pay to get the domain delisted or wait 14 days (its not my domain so I cant pay and wouldnt anyway).

On Saturday (14 days later) I received all the missing emails that had been held up and the email header still says (domain of theirdomain.pt does not designate permitted sender hosts). I dont know if some SPAMmer is using their exact domain or the general IP address the domain belongs to...but I suffered a similar incident this time last year where emails were withheld and not even in my SPAM webmail folder. Arriving several days later.

If I have said its okay to receive from the domain theirdomain.pt then I thought I would receive emails regardless. I do appreciate spammers are a **bleep** nuisance and need stopping but I hoped the SPAM Guard would take into account addresses and domains I am happy to receive mails from. Is there anything I can do about this? Or I should receive a note to ask me to check....

It would enhance my user experience I have avoided using other email providers for my needs just so we have variety but I guess if this will continue I need to seek some other solution.

I hold another email account talk21.com that I have abandoned using for anything serious as it is so full of SPAM. 

thankyou for taking the time to read my question I hope you can suggest something I can do about it. I have sent you the actual details using the link as you suggested.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I've replied to your PM 😉

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.