Noticed last Friday that many websites stopped loading via Infinity service here. Spent 1.5 hrs on phone to BT going through all hub tests etc. Was promised a line re-set and that all would be well within 48 hours. Next day most websites were fine but some still not responding. Though this odd so asked our local community Facebook page whether anyone else was experiencing the same with BT. I went viral! Lots of people experiencing the same, some had no help from BT, others reporting BT admitting a major fault in the area.
Now 4 days later, some websites still not loading up (e.g. iTunes, Now TV, Sky Go). I've just spent another hour on the phone to BT before simply being cut-off.
Earlier today there was a status report of Infinity problems in our area on the BT website but that then showed as 'resolved' and has now disappeared.
I've just asked others if they're still experiencing problems via our community Facebook page again and it seems that some still are.
I don't understand why just some websites would not be working? Can anyone help? And I don't understand why BT don't simply admit they've got a major problem and channel resources into fixing it, rather than waste hours of their time and ours on the phone going through fixes that they know won't work.
I think is same problem and changing to google servers will help. https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/DNS/td-p/1418137
Example: Changing DNS server settings on Windows 7
Go to the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. ...
Select the Networking tab. ...
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. ...
Just google it
It might be worth trying flushing your DNS cache first. Click 'Start' and type cmd in the search box. Click on cmd.exe which will open a command prompt. Type ipconfig/flushdns and press return.
It's not localised. I have just changed the DNS on one of the IPads we have and it now updates Apps. We don't use our PC that much so most likely won't change that but the iPad was easy. Only had to change the DNS to 188.8.131.52. As for the 24 hours, that's all that's left of the 48 I was told it would be resolved as the best people are working on it. I have alwasy been happy with BT and the customer service in the past but this has made me wish I hadn't redone the contract's.