cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onebusybee
Message 1 of 7

Weekday Evening Call charges

Go to solution

Although on the BT website weekday evening call charges are advertised as 1p per minute with all three of the Weekend Call plans, I am being overcharged.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Weekday Evening Call charges

Go to solution

Hi onebusyuser and welcome

I think I've found the page that you are refering to, can you confirm this is the page? - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=31674

Can you explain in more detail what your bill is showing to make you think that you're being overcharged.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
onebusybee
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi DS Guru

I cannot access my itemised call usage on the BT website for the particular bill as the itemisation is not included (why is this?) but from memory I made a call on 05/05/11 at 19:57hr which lasted 4 minutes and cost me 18p.  The charge on the website is 1p per minute. Even with (amount unspecified) connection charge this seems excessive. Can you break down the charge for me please?

onebusybee

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If the online bill is an old one, there is a time limit for viewing the itemised calls - this has been raised several times.

I can't break the charge down, but BT do have a billing live chat facility - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

It's open from 9-6 M-F.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
justatwork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You have not been over charged! Evening calls are indeed 1p per minute but there is a 12.5p call set up fee for none inclusive calls. As evening and weekend calls aren't free they are none inclusive and therefore carry a 12.5p call set up fee on the first minute.

Hope this helps you understand your bill better

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
onebusybee
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your explanation. I still do not get the math.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
justatwork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

1st min 13.5p 4mins at 1p = 4p = 17.5p will be rounded up if call was 4min 31 seconds for example

0 Ratings