cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

Weird issue with house number / plot number not sure how to fix it?

Could really do with some advice here guys.  I live in a small housing estate, 47 house.  With Royal mail all have house numbers with BT 2 have plot numbers, Mine is listed as Plot 35 for example, the other plot was never built on.

Every single house in this estate can get BT Infinity bar mine, When I check Openreach I get.

Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. When you are able to place orders you will see the Accepting Orders message. In some instances our FTTP plans change. If this happens you will move though the journey stages normally.

When you check the rest of the houses

Great news, you can order a Fibre to the Premises service today.

Check with one of these Service Providers to see if they’re offering Ultrafast Fibre in your area.

The entire estate is fibre enabled via FTTP. I know this as I asked the engineer who was out fixing an issue last week. He wasn't very helpful though and told me to contact my ISP.

So I am not sure what to do guys. I could say Plot 35 doesn't exist, with Royal mail its number 35, with BT it goes number 34,36 and Plot 35 is last on the list.

Any advice?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Weird issue with house number / plot number not sure how to fix it?

Call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787 and explain the situation.

Did the engineer confirm that your property was FTTP ready?

Do you have the Openreach ONT kit installed in the house?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

He confirmed it is FTTP, the entire estate was enabled last December.

ONT Kit no never heard of it.

I explained the issue to the FTTP team, they confirmed its a billing issue and transferred me to the billing team who could not change the address and lodged some type of complaint and said it would take up to 72 hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

I feel like banging my head against the wall if truth be told here.  

When I check the Open reach site this morning we now have my house as a Plot number and a house number and where as yesterday it said Inscope it now says

We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet.

You might consider co-funding fibre access in your community. Knowing there's a healthy demand in your area can also really help.

I phoned the FTTP who were as useless as the regular guys.  They said once the address was changed that would sort the problem, I explained the address has been changed and its actually gone back a step, they weren't interested, said it takes 72 hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Sometime database issues can take a few days/weeks to resolve.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

Well the 72 hours have come and gone and no contact from BT so I phoned again.  They now say it can take up to 5 days to fix, I get the impression they really don't have a clue and are palming me off.  They changed the address but that didn't fix the problem, they know I am fibre enabled but computer says no.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 12

Whenever the mods here have contacted Openreach for a database update it's taken 7-10 days for everything to be finalised.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

See my post from July 12th.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Right OK we'll see what happens

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

To be honest, I'm not sure we've even got as far as updating the database yet, they are changing my address first from plot number to house number, they still haven't managed to do that. I was told yesterday at the latest and it never happened, I was then promised 6pm today and well that's not gonna happen either by the looks of it, The off line team has looked at the issue but hasn't done anything, I can only assume they don't know how to fix the issue, I'm just being given the runaround.
0 Ratings