cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: Weird throughput 'problems'

I have a suspicion that the nightime drop is related to street lights turning on because of the timing (It gets darker a bit later now compared to my other thread, and its about 30 minutes later than the other thread). Also, its quite sudden, although it could be something else because when I leave in the morning at 8:05 street lights are usually off - doesn't fit the 09:10am rise.

As it is running on one of my servers, I'll see how it gets on tonight and whether it happens around the same time in the future. If it does, I might try the AM Radio trick to see if I can find the source (If I can find out how to do it) :P.

Back to the throughput problems - Now that my line has very little errors, is interleaved and has a lower sync speed (and higher SNR), these tests are very reliable.

They indicate the same results from ThinkBroadband and Nvidia, and unlike last time, I'm comparing them to an iOS download from Apple:

Around the same stable lower throughput on the Thinkbroadband Download

50MB test.png

The download from Apple which was very stable:

Test apple.png

When downloading a file from Thinkbroadband the pings to their webserver are as stable as if the download wasn't occuring.

What could be throttling the download throughput but not the pings? QOS? What I also dont understand is why the download is almost 100% stable around 1320KB/s - Its almost as if my connection is maxed out at that speed when it isn't. Any ideas?

What speeds does everyone else get from Thinkbroadband files?

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 25

tune radio to MW 610

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 25

Thanks for the reply imjolly.

What frequency is MW 610 on AM? Around 610kHz? (Sorry if its a silly question - I'm working with an old radio here which ranges (I believe from 540kHz to 1600kHz Smiley Very Happy )

Edit: What sort of noise will I need to listen for? (There is quite a lot of background noise on the 610kHz frequency)

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 25

sorry yes AM  buzzing/interference  if there is a problem you will hear noise increasing - I used to find a lot of interference from the hub charger 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 25

Okay, thanks again imjolly. I'll post back here if and when I find anything.

The streetlights around here are old so I bet there are a few leaking interference - I'll find out later tonight.

0 Ratings