Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 11

Welcome to BT Mobile

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post to say welcome to new users finding our community for the first time and hello to our existing members.  This is an exciting time for BT with us joining the Mobile market once again and we have some great offers open to both existing and new customers.

If you haven’t already, why not check out the deals that are on offer?  Take a look at the info on this link for all you need to know BT Mobile plans

For all you early birds out there who have placed an order, a good resource for helpful information can be found on this link, BT Mobile help and if you need help setting up your new BT Mobile SIM on your phone we have a section on, how to guides, check this out, Mobile - How to Guides

So what does everyone think? Has anyone placed an order yet or planning to?  Anything in particular you are looking forward to with BT Mobile?  Please reply and give us your initial thoughts.

Cheers

Sean

PS -  We know that the icon on the front page against the BT Mobile category is not quite right.  Sorry about this and just to let you know we are looking into it.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
hackedoff2
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: Welcome to BT Mobile

What a welcome SeanD!

BT stuck in the 1950's  Just recieved my new SIM card to be told that BT won't allow roaming for 6 months!!  Do they really believe 1,000's of people like me do not also work in Europe?  Are they still that draconian?

Trying to actually contact someone who has a descison making capability is also near impossible, the help lines are staffed by outsourced Indians who haven't any clue outside of their pre scripted answers.

Having my BT landline for donkeys years and never having missed a payment seems to count for nothing. This is PATHETIC!!

Tags (1)
IanBJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi. You ask for feedback...

Yes, I've just switched to BT broadband and BT Mobile (currently on a good offer rate), switching from Plusnet and O2.

• NOT impressed by the BT process - switching broadband and mobile has been far too messy, hard work, and slow.
  • Re broadband - the BT setup process of Home Hub 5 is poor. E.g. leaves the default wifi SSIDs and Keys. And there's no Hub Manager User Guide (just a noddy Quick Setup). And the Hub Manager web interface is very clumsy. (E.g. Netgear do it much better!)
  • Re BT mobile setup, BT say (by a text during the SIM activation process) the user needs to do bt.com/setupmyphone : That's a load of manual configuration of 2 new APN settings, which is poor practice and error prone. And is APN setup neccessary? Also the last step (on the Android page) is ambiguous.
  • Its very hard to contact a BT person who can actually answer questions effectively - BT Chat very poor as they don't have the knowledge for anything unusual, and any non trivial issues will be unusual.
  • The information on BT.com is very fragmented and not always complete.

Potentially the provision of landline, broadband and mobile from BT could have great benefits - but only if it's done technically correctly and offered "cleanly" from the end user's perspective. My experience so far is not convincing me of either of those. Very messy. I hope it improves and that my user experience is good going forwards...

0 Ratings
suchy
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi there,

I've submitted to receive an Amazon voucher worth £60 about month ago. Should be with me up to 30days, so there's something wrong. Can someone advise who I need to speak to?

Cheers

0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

well it sucks! nothing works and customer service as usual is non exsistant! complete rubbish!

thanks for all the time you have wastedSmiley Mad

Moncun74
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

0 Ratings
Moncun74
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Hello can anyone please tell me how I can call abroad i.e. Republic of Ireland from my bt mobile cheaply as just just got told that Bt don't have a bolt on for this will have to cancel my contract otherwisr
0 Ratings
Treasure2205
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I use rebtel for ALL my high rate calls, as far as I know they are the only service which integrates with your existing contacts like skype does. NOT internet calls so voice quality excellent mate. Highly recommended. Shows what BT could charge and still make a profit lol
0 Ratings
Oatcake
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Well I for one have cancelled my order and cannot wait to change mobile provider.....
Sign up to a £20 a month sim only deal promising 60mbps and over the space of 24 hours average 0.86mbps......
Not only is super fast 4g not available, 4g and 3g are none existent in my area...
It's about time someone put a stop to BT's huge scale fraud!!!
0 Ratings
Hisevout
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Hello there everyone. I'm new on this forum and i'm here looking to learn. thanks for the links OP, i found some really useful information. would you people mind if i am going to have some questiosn for you later? thanks!

0 Ratings