Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nttwill
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Welcome to BT.... terrible start not connected after 'connection date'

Hi all 

Can anyone help? Moved over to BT from Sky, connection date Friday - not connected. Spent 1 hour and 40 minutes on the phone yesterday to eventually be told that SKY had not released the number and this would happen by 17:00 yesterday. Still not , i don't fancy calling up the frankly very poor call centre and going through this again, although i feel i will have to. 

I have a dial tone, the router is flashing orange. When logging into the hub it says not connected. Everything is connected up correctly, in terms of wires and filters etc... When i migrated from Plusnet to SKY a year ago, my BB went off for half an hour. SKY turned it off from last Monday, so we are at nearly 7 days.

Also concerned as i need the BB for work especially over the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Nat 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
nttwill
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Welcome to BT.... terrible start not connected after 'connection date'

Quick update, also checked the phone line and it says this is not a BT line, so it may that SkY have not transferred it over yet?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

most likely it seems to happen a lot with Sky
0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 4 of 5

@nttwill wrote:
Quick update, also checked the phone line and it says this is not a BT line, so it may that SkY have not transferred it over yet?

BT Openreach are responsible for transferring the line to BT.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Openreach are responsible for all line maintenance supply and provider changes apart from cable operators it is not BT Openreach
0 Ratings