cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laplands
Contributor
Message 1 of 39

Welcome to rip off BT and slow broadband speed

Once again i am here moaning about how rubbish BT is and its service.

after my last episode of slow and very poor broandband i finally got it sorted out so i was getting the 6.9mb i was paying for after months of being over charged for a service i was not getting. Now i have noticed my speed is getting slow again and i check it often to keep an eye on what i am paying my hard earned money for. Well todays test comes in at the grand speed of 1.9Mb upload and 0.4mb upload speed.

BT should give me a refund on all the months of pure and utter rubbish i have had to put up with from this poor excuse of a company who from other peoples postings is clearly ripping off its customers and do it in broad daylight without givinga  **bleep** about it. Roll on December when i can leave thos appalling rip off company.

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 39

Re: Welcome to rip off BT and slow broadband speed

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
laplands
Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Done what was asked i called the number. Pressed option 2 for quiet test and heard silence.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 39

if you read through the link do the checks asked and post the results then we can help you further
0 Ratings
laplands
Contributor
Message 5 of 39

I ran the speed tester and this is the results which clearly show i am not getting what i am paying for.

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.72 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.72 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 39

If you could please post your full hub stats we can then take this further
It looks like it could be a stuck ip profile but your hub stats will show that if that is the case then we can get you intouch with the forum mods who can reset it they will however need to see 3days + stable connection onyour hub stats before they can do the reset
0 Ratings
laplands
Contributor
Message 7 of 39

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 01:04:22
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):10.8 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):29.5 dB / 19.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.0 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):49 / 1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):110 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):34 / 1
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 39

hi once you can maintain 3 +days stable connection post back and we can put you in touch with the forum mods who can reset your IP Profile but they must be able to see 3days + first
laplands
Contributor
Message 9 of 39

ok i will try and keep it connected for 3 days, not always able too considering when i use my microwave it drops my connection. unless i starve for 3 days lol.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 39

it may help you if you can move one or the other away from each other as it is disconnections that has caused this problem for you
0 Ratings