cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laplands
Contributor
Message 11 of 39

Re: Welcome to rip off BT and slow broadband speed

I cant move either i live in a flat. BT advertisements say that their hub is the best at everything. I would say clearly false advertising if it wont work when a microwave is used that is not near to the hub and its in another room.

ok todays starts are.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 22:00:21
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):11.3 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):29.5 dB / 19.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.0 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 2
CRC Events (Down/Up):12254 / 11
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):59944 / 4
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):8079 / 14
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 39

you will see on this link microwaves are mentioned
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7609/c/346,407,409
0 Ratings
laplands
Contributor
Message 13 of 39

Ok if that is the case then why dont BT state that their hub is almost good at everything but wont work properly if you use a microwave which would probably be every household in the uk. If they cant create a hub that is stable and not affected by microwaves how am i meant to keep a stable connection or do i run an extension lead outside and cook my dinner next to my car so that BT,s all singing all dancing rubbish hub will work properly for 3 days so i can post the stats. And while were on the subject, why if i can send an e-mail across the world in a nano second, does it take 3 days of my hub being on before it can be reset if it is my profile that is stuck. I thought this was the 21st centuary but maybe i got it wrong.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 39

any router made will suffer from external interference problems
as to the 3 days wait before a profile can be reset is to see that the line is stable as there is no point in resetting an unstable line as the profile will just drop again as soon as instability is seen this applies with all isps
0 Ratings
laplands
Contributor
Message 15 of 39

Ok, so i have sat patiently and waited and left my all singing all dancing piece of Cr*p new BT hub on for nearly 3 days and i am still experiencing dire internet speed. What a shame good olf rip off BT cant make my broadband as fast as they make my direct debit disappear out of my bank account, they would soon be stamping their feet and threatening me with all sorts for not paying on time, yet i have to put up with continually being ripped off and paying £35 a month for 1.78mb internet speed.

So now i will post the stats and the speed from BT,s ever so reliable speed tester that does,nt work properly half the time. And i would also like my profile re-set so i can get the speed i am supposed to be getting. Failing this i will be asking good old rip off BT for a refund for all the times in the last 14months i havent had the speed they are charging me for. Legally they are not supplying me with what my contract states i should be getting, therefore i am legally entitled to end my contract with them for not honouring the service i am paying for.

I trust i can leave this in someones capable hands to sort out for me. 14months of this dire utter rubbish from a company who spends millions on flasshy adverts about students and internet speed, when in the cold reality of light its all total BS from BT.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:2 days, 19:58:59
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):11.5 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):29.5 dB / 19.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.0 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 3
CRC Events (Down/Up):14393 / 12
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):64082 / 4
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):9747 / 16

TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Smiley Frustrated Here Ladies and Gentleman we have at Billy Smarts Circus otherwise known by its other alias of BT the legalised scammers backed by a tory goverment. The grand total speed of ....... wait for it ......... wait for it. ok here it is.

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.83 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.83 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 16 of 39

Hi Laplands,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 39

I suggest you take up DavidM's offer as they can carry out a reset for you
laplands
Contributor
Message 18 of 39

Ok i have now done what is asked and i will wait and see how long it takes before this issue is resolved. Roll on december when my contract is up. BT wont be getting any more of my hard earned money for poor dire services that they have to offer.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 39

David or one of the mod team will contact you personally as soon as your email reaches the top of the email stack it can normally take up to 3working days some times sooner depends on how busy they are

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 20 of 39

Hi laplands,

Sorry you to hear you have been having some problems, I can understand why you are not a happy bunny, don't forget to make sure you speak with customer care after your problem has been resolved. Depending on how long you have been having issues you should get some compensation for your troubles, push hard. At least whilst the problem is in evidence you should be recompensed as a minimum the rental paid.

If you don't get satisfaction I can recommend contactinbg the CEO there is a website somewhere that will point you in the right direction. Search google for ceeemail , there are currently two people for BT, I'd go for the one who might be related to a famous missionary explorer of africa ;-).

I used to work for BT some 5 years back and am sure there number of really good people who will be only too willing to help if they can. Oh yeah also I'd always go for the front end now its an 0800 number. 

(I had a similar problem and it went on for months (sorry to dishearten), had a large number of people visit my home and look at the hub and connect their equipment to it. And after the 4th visit I suggested we could just try a new modem perhaps it was an old type 1 and blow me if it didn;t turn out to be new 21CN exchange equipment and the hub not being compatable. After it was replaced and the requisite 10day recycling and a couple of resets the speed has been steaming along at 14M for the last 18 months nicely. I got enough of a sweetener to stay so I did and still am.)

0 Ratings