cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Well done bt u have done it again NOTHING

Not that suprised. Moved home 8th of june into a new build and had it sorted with bt to have phone installed on the 18th of june. But suprise no engineer turns up after waiting all day and losing much needed wages. It was canelled then booked in for the 13th of july which I found out after I foned bt. Anyway decided to hell with it i am going to cancel it with bt and go with sky before the 13th of july but was told by bt that sky will take longer to fix the problem. The problem being that openreach need to lay the cables for the phone to my house. Now this will crack u up but openreach were at another house last satuarday on the 7th of july so i grabbed the guy and asked if there was a problem with my line. So he checked it out by pulling the drain cover off outside my house only to discover the shocking part. THE LINE IS THERE AND HE SAYS MY LINE LOOKS GOOD TO GO. And he cant see y it is not getting installed. This from an BT OPENREACH engineer. Anyway before that when I was going to cancel it all i was to by BT that they WILL HAVE my line fixed and installed by the 13th of july Today. But again bt have done nothing to fix it and was told it will be reveiwed on the 20th of july but not fixed and i might have a phone line on the 23rd of july. Well done bt ur service is shocking. Plus wife just been told she is being made redundant at her job. Great. So could really do with broadband con to look for jobs but a dont suppose BT will get off there **bleep** to help. Not really suprised.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Well done bt u have done it again NOTHING

The openreach engineer opened one cover and declared it was good to go?

Without opening all the covers up and seeing where the lines are going they cannot say its ready as you may have a cable running from your home, past the cover the engineer lifted and stoping at the next cover waiting for another cable to be run to that point. The only way to be sure would be to ask other people in your block if they have service yet.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Yes they have it and I am in a new build at the end of its block. No more builds after me so my line is going back up the street past all the bulit homes with working lines.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

No more input deathtrap?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

JDoc this is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the Forum Moderators death trap 3000 may post back when he has time
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

The last post by me was a sarcastic one as Bt are a pretty **bleep** as a service company and that an engineer of bt told me there is no problem. And I found that death trap was trying to stick up for them.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Plus the rating is zero and solution has not been given
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

it is not a BT retail problem they can only give you the information they receive from Openreach just the same as any other provider if you want blame OFCOM they are the people who had openreach operate as a separate company providing a requirement that all communication's providers be treated equally when it came to both installations and repairs
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

the engineer was an employee of Openreach NOT BT RETAIL your provider
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 10

@JDoc wrote:
The last post by me was a sarcastic one as Bt are a pretty **bleep** as a service company and that an engineer of bt told me there is no problem. And I found that death trap was trying to stick up for them.

I was just saying that the just because an openreach engineer lifted up one cover and had a peek doesnt mean the lines are connected yet.