Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Welton Northamptonshire

Hello,

My Father lives in Welton, his exchange is many miles from his home and he can get internet speeds of around 256Kbps (that's Kay). This is very poor, making most internet access impossible. His exchange (Daventry) is being updated to Infinity.

Can you tell me if the exchange will be upgraded all the way to Welton? This would obviously make a great difference to their internet connection, if this isn't the case does anyone know if anything else is planned for the future?

Cheers

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Welton Northamptonshire

the exchange Daventry is already active with infinity it will depend on when and if there local green street cabinet is updated this link carries the latest information http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
0 Ratings
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

It says

BT FTTC broadband availability

You are connected to the Daventry telephone exchange.

• FTTC is available in your area

Downstream Min: 24.8 Mbps
Downstream Max: 28.4 Mbps
Upstream Min: 7 Mbps
Upstream Max: 11.1 Mbps

» Matched result using the postcode you provided
Does that mean that Infinity is already available at that postcode which I put in?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

try this checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html enter your phone number if it gives you infinity speeds then you can order then try the bt.com website and try and place an order
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

yes at the post code my next post will be more accurate if you enter your phone number
0 Ratings
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 24.8 to 28.4 Mbps and upstream line speed between 7 to 11.1 Mbps. That shows that it is there then?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

yes it does go to BT.com and try and order if you wish
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Hello,

Just to add an update. Infinity is not available in the postcode I entered, the gent I spoke to at BT said the website suggested above did not give the correct information. There is also no information about when it will be available.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

it is BT wholesale /openreach that do the installation of fibre and all phone and broadband products BT Retail your supplier just buy the product from them to resell you will only be able to order from when the wholesale checker accepts a phone number the post code check is very basic
0 Ratings
nigeladams
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

I am another resident of Welton, Northamptonshire and get the "magnificent" downstream speed of between 1.0 - 1.5Mbps on my broadband (paying BT [Openreach] for the line and Orange for the Broadband [very slow] service)!!

According to Samknows, we are 4041 metres away from the Daventry BT [Openreach] exchange.

Having followed your exchanges with Smiffy71, does anyone know how I can find out when FTTC will reach the BT [Openreach] cabinets in the village and will it improve our Briadband speed?

0 Ratings