cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitalalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Weymouth 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell did Weymouth change from coming soon June 2012 to Future Exchange end of 2013 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
AlanP
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Weymouth 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically I call bull**bleep** to this! I live in Weymouth and this is pure Olympic "LEGACY" rubbish!

It was June 2012 until this morning, I am betting that it will not happen now once the Olympics have gone away we will be pushed futher down the pile! 

0 Ratings
AlanP
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Anyone from BT care to answer this one? 

0 Ratings
digitalalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

No comment not even a reply from anybody in the know.

To quote sage from another thread.

"As i posted all dates are place holding estimates also although installed not all cabinets are activated the first time the exchange goes live there are many reasons for the delays such as waiting for the local power company connecting the cabinet to the mains supply and also blocked and collapsed cable ducts that have to either be cleared or replaced before the fibre can be laid"

Still does not explain  for date change from Coming soon at the end of June 2012 to planned future exchange end of 2013  please just do me a favour, just don't bother quoting dates that are just pure fantasy.

To me it seems if its too much trouble for BT they just give up and really just don't give a **bleep**.

0 Ratings
AlanP
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Well this just about takes the biscuit!

Basically gone from June 2012 to End of 2013 and BT are now advertising in Weymouth!

Walked down through Weymouth Town centre to see loads of advertising on BT phone boxes and billboards! telling people in Weymouth about BT inifinity! what a joke! 

0 Ratings
digitalalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I can understand dates slipping by a few weeks due to unforeseen circumstances, I can understand a slight delay due to inclement weather etc etc. What gets my back up is having a date posted for months of June 2012 and then at the end of the due date,  changing it to possibly end of 2013 or basically we will get round to it when we feel like it.

There's no accountability nobody to explain the reason, basically its typical of everything that is wrong with this country.

I have already contacted the Dorset Echo and am going to be contacting my MP and Euro MPs for all the good I expect it to do, but short of trying to jump up and down in front of any camera crew broadcasting the Olympic events in Weymouth with big banners  of Lying BT Scum I am not sure what else to do.

By the way I am aware that to do anything to disrupt the Olympics events would involve a fast track to criminal proceedings resulting most probably  with public beheading. Its so good to know where our priorities lie in this once great country.

0 Ratings
AlanP
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Got this response from Openreach: 

Dear Mr Parsons

Thank you for your email

The only information Openreach can provide is on the fibre rollout site :-

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/

I appreciate your disappointment at this news. Unfortunately on a project of this nature there will be many factors that have to be taken into consideration that can give rise to sometimes substantive delays . These can include seemingly unrelated  events and work being undertaken by others in addition to works issues or embargoes at particular times (eg. during the holiday season etc).

Your Communications Provider (CP) is responsible for all aspects of your service including advising on the services they can supply at your address. Please register your interest with your Communications Provider so they can contact you at such time in the future as they have further information

Many thanks

Openreach Enquiries 
 contact.openreach@openreach.co.uk 

0 Ratings