Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 38

What a good start

Go to solution

Moved the whole lot from TalkTalk at the end of July following a catalogue of cusromer service disasters.

Now BT has:

1. Taken the wrong amount direct debit 2 months running (BB & Calls charges on free offer for first 3 months and charged)

2. Following bedding in period Broadband was good and stable until yesterday. Appointment made for engineer to investigate this afternoon. Took afternoon off (unpaid) NO ENGINEER. No courtesy call to cancel. Just didn't appear.

Manners please BT

Appointment made for tomorrow. I wonder what will happen?

Am I going to be let down yet again.

This industry stinks,

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 38

Re: What a good start

Go to solution
It seems pretty much standard for BT that you will not be informed if an engineer is going to miss an appointment. BT is split into a number of divisions.
BT Openreach does not talk directly to customers, while BT Retail is entirely reactive - they won't check the status of your fault unless you phone them up. The end result is that you have to keep chasing them up to get anything done.
0 Ratings
Roland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 38

Go to solution

That's all very well. It only takes a phone call to change an appointment - it's just bad manners not to.

And who is going to reimburse me for half a day's loss of earnings?

0 Ratings
selectortone
Contributor
Message 4 of 38

Go to solution

Welcome to my (our) world.

For no good reason I (or the visiting BT Engineer) can find my broadband disconnects every couple of days so my IP Profile (if you don't know what that is, trust me, you will....) never gets above 1200kb/sec even though the line is capable of 6500.

My problem is typical of many here, lots of good advice will be given but good luck on actually getting a resolution to the problem.

Why does a mainstream product (well... BT market broadband as a no-hassle mainstream product anyway....)  have to be so difficult? We're not ham-radio enthusiasts fer cryin' out loud, we just want a reliable internet connection.

Imagine if other everyday things like watching TV or filling your car with petrol were as temperamental, as different from day-to-day and involved so much hassle and voodoo. *rolls eyes*.

21CN? (stands for 'twenty-first century')... don't make me laugh. I'll have 20th century and working properly first, that'll do me thanks.

0 Ratings
Roland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 38

Go to solution

Selectortone

I think you have it right.

I posted this elsewhere a couple of months ago:

My experience is, for what it's worth, that the broadband providers are about as equally bad as each other. Yesterday I felt like picking two of them up and banging their corporate heads together.

Here I am talking about the industry in general. We have to remember that we have something here which is in its infancy and therefore suffering from growing pains. As it matures it will surely find out that cutting costs to the bone by exploiting overseas call centres with staff whose first language is not that of its customers is a false economy; that being honest in advertising and with customers will make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction; that making false or unachievable promises will drive people away; that putting people on hold for anything up to 45 minutes and forcing them to listen to inane music will put them in the wrong mood for a meaningful telephone conversation. I could go on.

I am sure that anyone here who is in business will agree that if they treated their customers/clients as badly as the broadband suppliers do, they would soon be out of business.

Come on, all of you. Pull your socks up and give your industry a better reputation.

Rant over

0 Ratings
BN10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 38

Go to solution

I feel your pain! The sales front end of the company is slick, fast and professional. Once you’re a customer it’s slow, uninformed and the actual product based on my experiences to date is not fit for purpose.

And I've been a customer for 6 days!

Perhaps a few potential customers will read our stories and steer clear.

Makes me laugh when the CEO of BT challenged the quality of Virgin Media by quoting BT subscription rates. I wonder if he's aware just how many of us will be leaving ASAP and telling everyone of our experiences.

BT - Why not invest 50% of your sales and marketing budget in customer care?

Tags (1)
Roland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 38

Go to solution

To put things in perspective, it took a couple of weeks for broadband to become stable. I had then about a month of good connection (about 3-4 times faster than TalkTalk on exactly the same line etc.) then a couple of days ago it started dropping randomly. So product, when working, is OK

Engineer has just been and gone and can find nothing wrong this end and puts the problem down to external wiring, possibly weather related.

Chap in India told me last night that yesterdays non-appearance of engineer was due to training. Asked engineer about this and he knew nothing.

All I ask for is that my suppliers tell the truth and have the good manners, if there is a problem, to tell me about it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 38

Go to solution
For some perspective, I've been a BT broadband customer for about 9 years now, since when the product was 512Kbps for everybody and cost nearly £40/month.

Most of the time everything works fine. The broadband speed is as fast as I need it to be. Email works. BT Vision usually works on the rare occasions when I watch anything on it.

But BT's customer service is terrible. Whenever anything goes wrong, it's a battle to get it fixed. Nobody is responsible for anything, and you just get passed from person to person.

In my experience, you find out how good a company is when something goes wrong.
0 Ratings
Roland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 38

Go to solution

I have been lied to, had the problem mis diagnosed, spoken to some of the most ill-mannered people I've had the misfortune to be connected to on the telephone, been shoved around from one wrong department to the other (also wrong) department, been cut off before resolution.

Quite frankly, I've had enough.

Any suggestions as to a telecoms provider who gives decent and honest service or are they all like it?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 38

Go to solution
Hi Roland,

If this still isn't sorted feel free to drop us an email and we'll sort this out for you. I'll need your forum username and your BT account details, click on my username and look under "about me" to get our email address.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings