I am considering buying a third party router to replace the BT Smart Hub v.2
I currently have BT's Fibre 100 plan and i live in a 3-storey townhouse.
Reasons for changing router:
- Never been a fan of BT's routers
- I hope to improve overall wireless performance across my home
- I like the design, features, and simplicity of alternatives like Google's WIFI router + others
1. Is making this change fairly straight forward providing I pick a router that is compatible with BT Fibre broadband?
2. Which third-party routers would you recommend which are a better spec or highly rated?
are you on GFAST or FTTP?
Then your choice is very limited. The Asus DSL AC 88U is G.Fast compatible.
How does the Asus compare to smart hub 2 - specs and real-life reported usage?