cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

What are these things can someone help please

I'm really confused cuz at the moment I was looking at my page on BT home hub and i noticed this, a strange entry in the Ethernet section

Ethernet: unknown_3C:18:9F:99:17:14    3C:18:9F:99:17:14    e80::9d41:5b96:ed80:fde7

I dont have any such device on my home hub, is it just the wifi FON thing, if so how i do opt out of it, I dont know what my BT account details are and its confusing the hell out of me, help please thanks xD

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: What are these things can someone help please

Do you have Internet connected devices such as a  Smart TV, a Bluray Player, Powerline Adaptors or anything else connected to your home network?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 7

"Google" says its a nokia device. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

@gg30340 wrote:

Do you have Internet connected devices such as a  Smart TV, a Bluray Player, Powerline Adaptors or anything else connected to your home network?

No I dont have anything like that, it's worrying me as I dont want to know that my home network has been compromised. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@Barry57 wrote:

"Google" says its a nokia device. 

Yes I did google it too but none of my family (only people with the passcode) usea  nokia, everyone is accounted for.

could it be the BT FON thing? the free wifi?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

your home network cannot be compromised unless you have given your hub wireless key away it is most likely a BT WiFi use and that network is totally independent to yours and secure from yours
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

There was a thread a while back https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Unknown-Devices/td-p/1571203/highlight/true  with something similar that appeared to show an Ethernet connected device with an IPv6 address, it was never resolved and just attributed to a screwed hub.

0 Ratings