cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffy_T
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

What cabinet am I connected to?

I would like to know what cabinet I'm connected to or if I'm connected directly to the exchange, my postcode is SR2 9NA, thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: What cabinet am I connected to?

this website will tell you if and when your cabinet goes live
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
0 Ratings
Jeffy_T
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

All of the information has disappeared for my postcode it used to say your cabinet is planned to have wbc fttc by 30/09/2012. I don't think it mentioned anything about fttc when I used the address checker before only my postcode, and only 75% of lines are going to be connected, the rest are exchange only lines. I just hope I'm not the unlucky 25%. If I contact the mods will they be able to tell me if I'm connected to cabinet P55 which is nearly ready for fttc?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 7

@Jeffy_T wrote:

All of the information has disappeared for my postcode it used to say your cabinet is planned to have wbc fttc by 30/09/2012. I don't think it mentioned anything about fttc when I used the address checker before only my postcode, and only 75% of lines are going to be connected, the rest are exchange only lines. I just hope I'm not the unlucky 25%. If I contact the mods will they be able to tell me if I'm connected to cabinet P55 which is nearly ready for fttc?

Yeah, the mods will be able to find this out for you.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Jeffy_T
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Ok thanks for the help, appreciate it! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Bimmerlad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

What cabinet am I connected to?

My exchange (Leamore) is showing as Infinity enabled, as is my postcode checker. However, then I enter my phone number in the checker it says Infinity not available. 

I presume this must be to do with the cabinet my line is connected to?  Or could there be any other reason too/instead?

My postcode is WV11 2JG. 

The phone number was recently (12 December) moved to my new address from a house 200 yards round the corner (where I had infinity). 

As part of the line move on 12/12 there was a crossed line fault that was fixed 19/12. Just mentioning this in case it could have any bearing on matters?

OpenReach engineer visited new property 12/12 to do Infinity install and went to cabinet but couldn't do job as there was no dial tone as line not activated (it takes until 8pm on the day apparently). 

What seems odd is if my line is in non-infinity cabinet why the OpenReach engineer never mentioned this - he merely said install would be rebooked for once the line was activated?!

Could the line information on BT system be wrong following house move and fault?

Also how do I find out which cabinet I am connected to and if its infinity enabled or if not when?

thanks

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

Yes, more than likely your cabinet isn't Infinity live. If it's planned it should give an estimate date for when they think it will be ready, but remember this is just a placeholder and can change.

As stated you could have a EO (Exchange only line)

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings