cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim99
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

What can I do to escalate a broadband problem

About a month ago, I showed my faith in BT,  by renewing my broadband contract.  15 days ago I lost my broadband connection with a flashing purple light on my router.  I reported the fault.  When I looked online to track my fault, I noticed that my renewal had not been completed.  I queried this and was told that the process was “stuck” and would clear soon.  When I queried the fault, sometimes I was told that the problem was all caused by BT wholesale and sometimes that it was an external technical fault.  I was even told once that there were some twisted wires!  Last week the order was cancelled and a new one put in, which successfully completed on Friday.  Great, but still no broadband.  Track a fault says sorry your fault is still not fixed.  I have benn told 48hrs 3 times in the last week.  I don’t know what to do.  I had no idea I was so dependant on broadband.  We also lose our mobile signal as we live in the sticks and rely on a Vodafone sure signal over the broadband.  So much for keeping everything in the cloud, I have to go to Sainsbury’s to do my banking.  Everyone is very polite on the phone, but no one can tell me what is going on and I have no point of contact apart from having to repeat the whole story every time!  What can I do try and get a resolution.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: What can I do to escalate a broadband problem

i have asked forum mods to see if they can help you get fault fixed  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Tim99,

I'm sorry you've been left without a Broadband service. I'll be able to help you get back online.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Tim99,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm sorry you've been left without a Broadband connection.

I've reviewed the details of your account and I can see there is a team managing your complaint. They've escalated your case with BT Wholesale and expect an update with in the next 24 hours.

As there is a team dealing with your case, I do think it would be best to allow them to continue to deal. If for any reason you don't hear back from that team, please post back and I'll chase this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Tim99
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Update.  Was initially told on Saturday morning, that all would be on fine Monday morning.  Then got an email thanking me for my order!  This new order appears to be for copper broadband with start date 10 days later on Monday week.  I got a bit upset.  We were transferred to a case manager, who said the downgrade was due to capacity issues, but he could speed up going live.  He called Monday to say good news we would start on Tuesday.   No broadband.  I called case manager who said all the engineers had been called to a “major outage”, but was assured that I would be live by Monday.  I will believe it when it happens!  If it works it will be 26 days without broadband.

when I broached the subject of compensation and mentioned the Ofcom rate of £8 a day,  was told that it had not been implemented yet!

0 Ratings
Tim99
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

As promised broadband started on Monday.  Only copper though.  After being told that once copper had started, they “would look at getting fibre”,  I have  just been told that it is a capacity issue and not their problem and I should keep checking to see if it is available!  They admit that it was their fault that we were cut off in the first case and  now wash their hands of it!  The compensation offered for stopping our broadband for a month and dropping us from infinity 1 to copper broadband was derisory!  All in all a dreadful experience.

0 Ratings