cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 67

Re: What causes SN margin to drop when landline is called?

Wish you all the best. I hope my experience with this will benefit others.

Hopefully once G.INP kicks in again I'll sync closer to 49 Mbps then think about downgrading to BT Infinity 1 (not to keen on the 12 month contract).

Waiting for my Zyxel router to arrive and perhaps I'll fit an MK3 faceplate. I might even break 52 Mbps.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 67

12 hours since DLM reset, G.INP enabled and now 47 Mbps.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 63 of 67

You need  to wait 24hrs as that's when DLM will kick in again and then take about a week to stabalise.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 67

Just checked again, it seems I'm back on fastpath not G.INP.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 65 of 67

When DLM is reset all restrictions are lifted and the line runs in "unstable" mode (for want of a better word). DLM will monitor it in that period and then take any action it sees it needs to to stabalise the line. It could be too agressive in the first instance and do multiple resets until it gets it right.

Be prepared for fluctuations over the next few days. It's totally normal until the line stabalises.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 67

Yes, I'm just glad it's finally back to normal after this line fault.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 67

My problem's back again....

Sigh...

I mean, they've already done a line pair swap but the problem has surfaced again...after 4 months or so...

Crackling/hissing noise on line (goes away when modem isn't connected, sounds like the VDSL2 signal is bleeding into the voice part).

SN margin drops to nearly 0db when phone line in use/call received, sometimes enough to cause a disconnection.

0 Ratings