Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

What constitutes "Two BT calls"?

Go to solution

Hello,
I was thinking of switching, and a similar package to my BT one was with Primus. This would have cost me £16.49 per month. Spoke to BT and I have just signed up for another 12 months making a saving on my current service by making the up-front payment for line rental. This is only a few quid more than Primus, so I've renewed (mainly to keep my BTvision which I got for free when I was a BT employee).
However, I see that there is this condition attached:

About your line rental saver

You'll need to make at least two calls a month to keep your discount, or it's £2 a month (or £6 a quarter) for each month you don't make your minimum two calls. For your 'minimum', calls using BT Broadband Talk and BT Chargecard don't count. And calls to the following numbers don't count: freephone numbers starting with 0800, 0808 or 0500; operator numbers starting with 100, 198 or 155; emergency numbers 112, 998 and 999; BT numbers 150, 151 and 195; and 1471 or 1571 services. Not all types of social and burglar alarm equipment work with voice messaging services. Please check with your supplier.

Does this mean that I have to make 2 calls that are charged (ie during the day) or will evening or weekend calls allow me to fulfil the requirement and therefore avoid the £2 charge?
I say this because we almost always use out mobiles for daytime calls as we both have generous call allowances on our mobiles.

Many thanks

Jeff

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: What constitutes "Two BT calls"?

Go to solution
Just two calls. They can be within your package. So in your case in the evening or weekend.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Stew,

That's good news, as we do make a few calls at weekends. I was just a bit concerned as I like things to be spelled out fully, so that there can be no ambiguity.

Thanks again

Jeff

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

My pleasure.

0 Ratings