cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 31

What do I need to send back?

My service terminates today and I have already recieved the big green envelope to send back the equipment.

But what do they want?  Just the box and the hub?  I would like to keep the homeplugs if I could. And do they want the wires because I can't even remember what it came with. I think the HDMI plugged into the TV box is mine but I can't remember for sure.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 31

Re: What do I need to send back?

Did you run a whole year of BT Vision/Broadband? If so then I don't think you have to send anything back... but if your vbox is now a doorstop, like mine soon will be, then they may as well have it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 31

My original contract was 2 years and I have terminated it 18 months in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 31

You might get your answers in the Thanks BT thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 31

@minusdot wrote:

You might get your answers in the Thanks BT thread.

Afraid not.

That thread says I should send the box back but do they want the homeplugs?  The homeplugs are the only bit of the kit I am interested in keeping.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 31

By 18 months in, don't you mean you've had the service for more than 12 months? If so, then the Ts&Cs state that the box - and presumably everything else - is yours to keep.

By the way... when does/did your Vision service stop working? My phone and BB switch over date is 20 November. We're cramming through any VOD series that we've been watching to get them watched in time, but there are a few things we've recorded that we might not have time for, so at some point I was planning to disconnect the vbox to give us a little extra time to watch the already recorded programmes on the box before it becomes a doorstop.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 31

My service is due to disconnect by midnight tonight and so far it is still on and working.

The woman on the phone when I cancelled seemed to think I should return everything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 31

Thanks for that.

My experience leads me to believe that BT haven't got a clue what equipment you have anyway. So, especially as you've had the service more than 12 months, I'd just send back what you want to and nothing more.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 31

@minusdot wrote:

Thanks for that.

My experience leads me to believe that BT haven't got a clue what equipment you have anyway. So, especially as you've had the service more than 12 months, I'd just send back what you want to and nothing more.

You are probably right.  I just need this to go right.  I am facing the next few weeks without broadband and I have almost certainly lost my landline number and I need to find a new provider that will activate my line again. The last thing I need is BT trying to bill me for equipment.

I am still fully expecting them to try and bill me for cancellation charges even though I cancelled within 10 days of the price rises notifcation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 31

Why don't you email or use the contact us  facility to state your understanding that under the T&cs the equipment is yours after 12 months & you believe the phone representative was mistaken unless BT can point out where in the T&Cs it says otherwise.

0 Ratings