cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_W
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

What do Open Reach need access to, to install in a flat?

Hi,

Open Reach are connecting up a line to my new holiday home on Thursday.

I have to make a 200 mile round trip for their visit so I want it to go well first time!

It's in a block of 14 flats that was built 4 years ago and is flood wired for telephones - (the previous owner only used his mobile so never had it connected).

I know they will need access to my flat to check the line, but are they likely to need access to any other facilities in the building or will they just go to the nearest BT box in the street?

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: What do Open Reach need access to, to install in a flat?

Depends really. As it is a block of flats that are only 4 years old I bet the distribution point will be internal within the building, usually it will be in a utillity cupboard.

It is more than likely when the flats were built they were all preconnected to a pair on the distribution point, but as the one connected to yours wasn't being used it may have been taken as a spare when another resident had a fault with their line.

I would maybe check with whoever is responsible for the building where the distribution point is in the building and if a key is needed to access it.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

You have no one to wait in the flat for you? A long way to go if an engineer doesnt turn up.

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

You're not exactly filling the man with confidence are you.

0 Ratings