cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

What does my TV package actually consist of?

I'm paying £5.30 a month for "BT TV Essential", set up October 2014. The only thing I actually really watch are the BBC and CH4 HD and BT Sport.

I'm having trouble finding out what I'm actually paying for. I have a YouView box but no aerial connected to it, so what channels should be working on the box? I have BT Sport, and was under the impression this would grant me access to AMC as well?

If I ring up cancellations will they be able to tell me everything I'm signed up for and when I'm contracted until? I've a sneaky feeling any time I change any service they're recontracting my broadband and TV again without telling me 😞

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 8

Re: What does my TV package actually consist of?

Hi PoMoPink,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

You'll be able to see what's included in your current package using the following link - What channels and bolt-ons you get with the different BT TV packages

For the AMC channel, you'll either need to subscribe to one of these BT TV packages: Entertainment Starter (AMC Video On Demand Only), Entertainment Plus, Entertainment Max or Total Entertainment.  

The AMC channel is available in both SD (Standard Definition) & HD (High Definition).  To get the AMC channel in HD you'll need to have a BT TV package that has a HD Bolt On.  The channel itself is added at no extra cost.  You do need to opt in though but are free to opt out at any time.

I hope that clears things up.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Have BT moved the goalposts on AMC?

When it was launched it was stated that BT Sport subscribers on BT TV and Sky would also get access to AMC. I've been on TV Essential with BT Sport on BT TV for a long while and when AMC launched it appeared in the EPG and I can view it in SD at no extra cost. I didn't have to opt into anything extra at all. I re-contracted TV Essential back in Sep if that makes any difference. I'm using an older BT Vision+ box.
0 Ratings
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Yes, I was under the impression it was linked to BT Sport rather than a particular package. When did this change (if indeed it did?)

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 8

Hi Everyone,

Sorry that info is wrong it is still linked to BT sport.  This link clarifies what you need to subscribe to in order to get AMC.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

So customers on all the BT TV packages get access to AMC on-demand.

Customers on packages with extra entertainment broadband live channels get the extra AMC live channel.

Customers on packages without extra entertainment broadband live channels (TV Essential or TV Starter) can get the live AMC channel as long as they subscribe to BT Sport on BT TV.

I have TV Essential and subscribe to BT Sport on BT TV and thus can also view the live AMC channel 332.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Try contacting the Customer Options Team via 0800 800 030. They should be able to answer all your questions.

Don't let them talk you into agreeing a new contract unless you are 100% happy with it. They are not allowed to do it without your authorisation. You don't have to accept any offer there and then. Also if you are not happy with any new contract you have 14 days during which you can cancel it.

If you really want to cancel a service just be assertive and make it clear you are not interested in any re-contracting offers at that time.
0 Ratings
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

If I try to watch AMC on the box it tells me I don't have that bolt-on. I don't want to add anything online as it never tells me which contracts will extend because of it.

Thanks, I will phone up and try and find out exactly what position I'm on contract wise on everything. I'm at the point where I have no idea when the contracts for all the different things expire.

0 Ratings