cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FoxyF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

What has happened to BT Mail Spam Filter?

Has anyone else had a significant increase in spam messages that are not being filtered out by the BT Mail (not Yahoo) spam filter and are getting through to my Inbox.

Up until about 26th October, I rarely saw spam in my Inbox, but since then, I am getting about a dozen a day and they are pretty obvious spams as well - not even subtle.

I am moving them to my Webmail spam folder, but it is very annoying having to do this every day, when I have been a happy BT Mail user for several years and not had to do this before.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: What has happened to BT Mail Spam Filter?

0 Ratings
mwparry
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi  Interesting and disappointing to see so many problems that BT seem to be failing to address.    My problem is not only am I getting an increased number of obvious spam emails getting to my inbox I am also getting a lot of genuine emails going to spam.  I have just transferred 27 genuine email to my inbox from spam.  Last night I found an email from the Health Lottery saying I had won.   (only £20) in my spam box.  

It is a disgrace and it seems that BT do not seem to look more closely at their systems.

Can we have an upto date answer from BT or do we have to go down the line of emailing senior management.

I have been loyal to BT for decades but it does not seem to be getting returned.  

What can I do to improve the situatio apart from keep checking my spam box

thanks

Mal

0 Ratings
Joe12345678
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

HI FoxyF,

Over the last month we have had numerous spam e mails including phishing / scam e mails whilst some of my contacts e mails have been sent to the spam in box. There seems to have been a surge in spam despite all the BT filters? 

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Just to update you on this, since doing the following (around a month ago)

Forward BT emails to FREE provider Outlook.com

Setup BT send as address on outlook.com

I'm now spam free and it's great. They have spam filters that work. Some other members have used gmail.com but either way they all work.

0 Ratings
FoxyF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Many thanks for replies.

I do in fact use Outlook.com to read my emails, though it syncs with BT.com via IMAP, rather than bt forwarding my email. I get the same spam messages in outlook as in bt. Not sure if forwarding would make a difference over synching.

I've not tried forwarding to Google yet and so far, touch wood, I haven't noticed any genuine emails erroneously going to my spam folder, so I haven't got as many problems as some.
0 Ratings
Grahame-M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi All,

Has anyone reverted to purely BT Email, in the last few days.??

The amount of Spam being let through has fallen significantly to just about 10 a day.

And the unable to block issue seems to also have disappeared. ( hopefully as illegal sender adresses  are being dumped)

{ there BT wasn't that easy}

Perhaps BT are sending all their email, via the Yahoo Servers first !!!!

Hope the filter continues to learn from the odd few now being marked daily and manageably as SPAM

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 8 of 9

@Grahame-M wrote:

Hi All,

Has anyone reverted to purely BT Email, in the last few days.??

The amount of Spam being let through has fallen significantly to just about 10 a day.

And the unable to block issue seems to also have disappeared. ( hopefully as illegal sender adresses  are being dumped)

{ there BT wasn't that easy}

Perhaps BT are sending all their email, via the Yahoo Servers first !!!!

Hope the filter continues to learn from the odd few now being marked daily and manageably as SPAM

I'm using BT Yahho mail & I have also noted a large reduction in Spam this last week.

Well done BT!

0 Ratings
FoxyF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Yup. I too have seen a noticeable drop in spam emails over the last few days. Well done and thanks, BT.
0 Ratings