cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSS
Message 1 of 8

What is ADSL max and how do I get it?

Been looking on SamKnows for speed and broadband info.  It says I can also get ADSL max on my line which can give you more speed on low speed broadband lines such as mine.  How do I find out more from BT and where do I go on their website?  Plain English please, no jargon please as I am new and don't know much.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: What is ADSL max and how do I get it?

adsl max is bt's standard up to 8mb download service before we can give you any advice we need to know your current connection speed you can find this out by following the following instructions

If you post the full stats from your router
For homehub – type 192.168.1.254 into your browser
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right of the home page and scroll down to ADSL Settings and click on it
Click on More Details and then post the full results.

And post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

then someone may be able to help and offer more advice.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

you can also just enter your phone number here for an idea of connection speed  http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SSS
Message 4 of 8

I put the code for the home hub into Google and came up with lots of different pages, all of which were full of adverts?????

Also, I cannot use the BT Speedtester as everytime I go to use it before the page where you put your telephone number in has even loaded then my computer shuts the page down - some problem with Data Execution Prevention?  This is all beyomd me.

Was told when I got broadband with an acclerator would get between quarter and 1 mbps.

Any advice.

0 Ratings
SSS
Message 5 of 8

Using the DSL checker showed I can get upto 1 meg on ADSL and ADSL max - I suppose I should just give up!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

you enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser not google (unless chrome) and then the hub manager should open.  you then log in.

did you try the link in my previois post?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

it would suggest that you live a long way from the exchange and therefore have a very long phone line from the exchange

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Hi
you put the code into the bar at the top of the browser not the google search bar

also as imjolly suggests try this site and post the results back here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings