Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

What is better?

Hello all,

I was wondering is this routor or this routor better than the bt home hub 3? Sorry for asking but I can't decide whether I should get the home hub 3 or another type of routor. Smiley Very Happy Im not fussed about the gig ethernet ports.

Thanks

Thanks
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: What is better?

What makes Linksys so good? Do they have a reputation for holding connections on longer lines, as far as I know the Home Hub 3, is basically a thompson inside a BT shell, and they are known as being a good router? I am waiting to test my Home Hub 3 which is coming, but I am very happy with my BT Business Hub which is doing a remarkable job.
0 Ratings
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

The only reason I was looking at those two was because they seemed good Smiley Very Happy for the price.

hmmm decisions, there are so many routors out there.

Thanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

By the way the new BT Home Hub 3 is made by Sagem Communications, at this moment in time.
Thanks
Message 5 of 18

I have to say, my hub3 on adsl2+ is fine.

A much much improved router compaired to the awful hub2.

The only thing I would say though, is the wireless is incredibly sensitive.

I cant even have the hub in the same room as my plasma, mind you the hub is tucked under my bed now, and gives a strong signal through out the house, and is a solid connection.

Its free, so why pay for a different one?

------Marc------
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 18

I think home environment plays a huge part in any router ability to perform, up to 3 days ago I was using my 2700hvg, due to its wireless strength around the house, however due to some home improvements, the router now sits  5ft up the wall, tried my Hub2a, its now working just as well.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

There is no better router, Hub3 will assimilate all . . .

0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

On a more serious note, it's totally up to you and whatever works best. If you're not using BB Talk (which you won't be on Hub3 / Infinity) then there's no need to use a BT router.
0 Ratings
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

I suppose, the only reason I was wondering was because BT want me to pay £46 for the hub 3 and the other ones are not far off that

Thanks
Message 10 of 18

@j-whitney wrote:

I suppose, the only reason I was wondering was because BT want me to pay £46 for the hub 3 and the other ones are not far off that

What are your requirements? Do you currently have a HH2? Are you having wireless issues and that's why you're looking for a new router? Do you have infinity or ADSL2?

0 Ratings