cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corky20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

What is going on the BT Broadband at the moment??

There was an outage in our area (Portadown, Co. Armagh) yesterday and without warning we were without BT Infinity Broadband all day. I spent all day on the phone trying to find out what was going on without much success. The first call advisor, after about 30 mins told me it would be back online at 10pm... his supervisor then told me 9pm. Come 9:30pm, surprise, surprise it's still not working. 

Phone back and i'm told it won't be online until tomorrow. To be honest 24 hours without broadband and no prior warning is a bit of a joke, some people rely on internet to work. So the internet is back the next day but barely loading webpages. Have spoke to neighbours who had the same problems and there broadband is still screwed up. Having checked twitter it seems this is something affecting alot of people.

Can somesone from BT please let the customers know what they are playing at and what is going on? Also what is the compensation procedure for something like this, paying £20+ a month for broadband that doesn't work is a joke... it has been 2 days so far and the broadband is still not fixed, it would be nice for BT to reimburse (dreaming I know) it's customers in good faith rather than forcing them to spend hours on the phone with the useless call advisors!

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
forsetiportman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: What is going on the BT Broadband at the moment??

Im the same corky20 i live in Bangor and our internet is down aswell, i can just about get on here, i presume its all the rain?

0 Ratings
corky20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

It must be affecting quite a lot of people in Northern Ireland then. I think they've been doing maintenance to improve their speeds and offer fibre optic to certain areas... someone must have screwed up somewhere along the way. Would be nice if they let people know what is going on.

The BBC covered a BT outage in London last week so might be worth sending them an email so if BBC NI picks it up, maybe they can get some kind of response from BT... gonna go do that now! 🙂

0 Ratings
forsetiportman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Sayin that for me it only happened about 11pm, the speed just went down the pan and has been like this ever since, ive tried to search online for problems, but northern ireland isnt on their list, they do show doing maintenance work in parts of england, but not here, i'll be gettin on the phone to them in the morning if its not back to normal believe you me, havent even had it a month!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 17

See my post on the other thread: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/no-speed-at-all/td-p/557033.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 6 of 17

My BT broadband line isn't working properly ether since yesterday.

Most websites are not loading for me since last night and just timing

out. Even the BTs own websites + this forum is not loading for me.

I am also suffering from high amount of broadband errors,

CRC, HEC errors since yesterday.

I have had to post this from my mom's talktalk line.

0 Ratings
corky20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

I was on the phone to them yesterday and it's like talking to a brick wall. Their call advisors know nothing, despite telling them there was an outage in the area the best they could do was tell me to turn my router on/off. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
aaronspence
Message 8 of 17

My internet died tonight about 11pm and has yet to return, Sadly I'm a web developer who was going to get a night of work in. So I've lost an entire night of work.

I appreciate things break but IF this was a scheduled maintenance they should be fired whoever decided not to send out notices days in advance.. This is just unacceptable.

0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 17

That sounds similar to my problems (01397 area), I estimated it just about failed completely around 23:30h and started to come back at 00:15h but it was very unreliable.

The router never lost any of its lights i.e. the actual broadband connection was working just no Internet . .

I ran Thinkbroadband speed test after it came back and the speed was OK at 11.5 Mbi/s which is nearly normal.

But connection to most websites was failing, particularly BT ones like here. I was hoping to be able to report here in the Forums, no point in calling the 0800 number as they are never any help.

I eventually gave up and went to bed.

MB

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
winter
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

I had the same problem happen at around 11.30 last night also for a while i thought it might of been me considering it said DNS unidentified but all optional results didn't prodruce anything workable. For those that are not aware if the dns is not working from the isp then webpages will not load reliable but your net test may potentially come back stable. With that happening you will most likely still be able to launch chat programs are login to services but not much beyond that.

0 Ratings