cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gizmo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: What is going on the BT Broadband at the moment??

According to their status it was 

Fri 29/06/2012 at 00:22Maintenance work being performed on the broadband network

08:00 - The planned works on the BT Network have now been completed. A large number of our customers would have lost, or experienced an intermittent broadband and Vision service during this time. If you are still experiencing a loss of connection, please ensure a power cycle of your equipment is completed. Switch off your equipment, wait three minutes, then restart your router, your computer and try to reconnect.

We are currently improving the broadband network. This may cause you to experience a temporary loss of service. 
If you are having problems connecting we apologise, please switch off your equipment, wait three minutes before switching on your router, restart your computer and try to reconnect. 
If you have already tried this and are still having problems, residential customers can call 0800 111 4567 or business customers can call 0845 600 7020. 

Absolute disgrace that they could not have emailed their users about this. 

Gizmo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Meant to say this appears to have been nationwide - I know here in East Lothian it was o/s, same from a mate in Fife.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

@Gizmo wrote:

According to their status it was 

Fri 29/06/2012 at 00:22Maintenance work being performed on the broadband network

I posted that at 4am. It's not clear whether the later posters didn't read it or if there was a separate problem.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

As always, there is nothing on the Service Status page about this.

It is obvious that something happened last night so why not put up a message on Service Status even if it is only to say that there have been reports of problems and they are investigating.

It makes me wonder if it is something like the problem we had in the North of Scotland last year where there was a major failure but BT were completely unaware of it because a card did not automatically reported that it was faulty and their system did not detect that there must have been a big drop in activity on the Internet because people were either unable to connect or getting very low speeds.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 17

@JMB wrote:

Well, it was reported and highlighted in this thread, and is still there if you want to check. I'm assuming this was the source of the problems posted; nobody has reported otherwise here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 17

@pottyperson wrote:

@JMB wrote:

Well, it was reported and highlighted in this thread, and is still there if you want to check. I'm assuming this was the source of the problems posted; nobody has reported otherwise here.

Apologies, perhaps it would have been more obvious if the start time was earlier rather than 00:22h which is well after most people started experiencing problems.

Also "Maintenance work being performed on the broadband network" sounds rather innocuous, it might be better if it had made clear that the broadband network would be unusable overnight for many people.

I didn't report to the 0800 number because I know that I would have just wasted an hour without getting anywhere.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

there is also the broadband status line you can use as well 08001690199 that is regularly updated
0 Ratings