cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

What is going on with our lines?

We have two lines into our property.

Two weeks ago the main line went faulty at Friday, and it took BT/Openreach until Wednesday to fix it.

Today, the other line is dead, just like the Monty Pythin parrot. That one also carries broadband into the property. So result is no broadband and no phone line.

First off, the foreign lady I spoke to could not understand that the line was not working (just like Monty with the parrot), because it tests OK, there cannot be a fault.

Anyway, after 37 minutes on the phone, I finally get the message through.

The line rings out if you try to ring it, but it is totally dead at the socket.

The foreign lady cannot get an engineer until Monday, or possibly Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. I think I undertsood her to say eventually Monday am.

But then she tells me there will be a charge of £99 for the repair!.

Why should I pay BT for the poor service (six days without phone or broadband) and then pay on top for them to repair THEIR network?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: What is going on with our lines?

Hi

You would only be charged £99 if the fault is proved to your own equipment or wiring, I assume that you have proved this.

There could also be a charge if the Openreach cabling or equipment is damaged within the confines of your property.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

What constitutes within the confines of the property?

If it is anything inside of the BT box, there is nothing, there is only one socket, but what about the wiring outisde the building to the pole.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

The lady was pretty insistant there is a £99 charge.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@daz3210 wrote:

What constitutes within the confines of the property?

If it is anything inside of the BT box, there is nothing, there is only one socket, but what about the wiring outisde the building to the pole.

It would be cabling, wiring, sockets, connection blocks.

If they have been damaged by rodents, trees, hedge cutters, lawnmowers then you may well be charged for the repair.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Well there is nothing obvious.

And now the broadband is back on and working.

But the online fault service suggests I also have a problem with BT Vision, which is fine except I don't have Vision!

0 Ratings