cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adyhay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

What is the latest on "EO" lines?????

Hi, as high speed broadband rolls out countrywide I was wondering if there was any news or updates about exchange only lines. At the moment it just seems that it will never be an option for people unfortunate enough to be on EO lines and there are no plans to rectify it...thanks Adrian
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: What is the latest on "EO" lines?????

Vary variable.  Some seem to wait for ages others, like the exchange I am connected to, got it more or less at the same time as those connected to a cabinet.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

It depends. Some are being upgraded to FTTP, some are being bundled onto a new "all in one" pcp/fttc cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
adyhay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Any ideas how much it costs Openreach to put in a new cabinet? Not sure they would do it for only 10 houses? ?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Approxmiately £40000. That's for an FTTC cabinet, possibly more for an all in one as they're quite a considerable amount of line plant rearrangement required.

Probably cheaper to do FTTP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
adyhay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Hmmm not sure what they may do for just 10 houses? It surprises me that only 10 out of about 250 houses are EO line. I don't mind waiting a bit longer but what happens to house prices in years to come concerns me...
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

It's unlikely. Where do you live? Have you spoken to your local council to see what BDUK schemes may exist in the area?
0 Ratings
adyhay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Not yet as this has only come to notice recently. In Cheshire East.. Just wondering what buttons to press to make a difference. I am guessing 10 houses are easy to ignore? ?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Have a look on the connecting chesire website. I'm sure they'll have contact details
0 Ratings
adyhay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Thanks webby
0 Ratings