cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barry505
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

What is the point of the fault tracking on this website

I reported a fault on my phone last wednesday and was told it wold be repaired in three working days (another bt Lie) but even more annoying the website tracking says it will be repaired by 17-00 monday  but at 18-00 on monday when I spoke with "Karen" on line I was told it would be done by Tuesday morning (another Lie)

Now on tuesday afternoon I am told it will be another 48 hours , a year or so ago I was given this same series

of lies for 29 days before my line was eventually restored, its no wonder it takes so long for BT to respond to

a call on the faults line they are spending so much time making up fairy stories.

It also explains why the phone directory shrinks year on year my local one is down to a third of its size three years ago in the same area.

After 41 years as a BT customer I think its time I investigated change sadly this bunch of cowboys still controls the lines it will be many years before cable gets here if ever.

I bet the moderators will pull this post to maintain the myth that BT provides service

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
barry505
Contributor
Message 2 of 23

Re: What is the point of the fault tracking on this website

I have just looked and at 15-47 tuesday the fault tracking still says Monday at 17-00 , so whats the point of it

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Hi Barry505,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you've had problems getting the fault sorted. I can check what's going on if you wish. Drop me an email with the account details and a link to this thread for reference. You'll find the address in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Thank you for your response David but like everyone at BT you have failed to answer the question ,

If the fault tracking part of this website is so wildly inaccurate what is the point of it exsisting

it carries no useful information, in fact it simply perpetuates the lie that BT provides service

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 5 of 23

[Alt Txt]

Mon 10 Jan 17:00

Estimated repair date

We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown

Taken from this site a moment ago can someone anyone give me an explination as to the exsistance of this

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 6 of 23

[Alt Txt]

Estimated repair date

Another day passes without the fault to my telephone or the fault tracker being rectified and no answer to the question, so thats three counts that BT fails a customer of 41 years standing , not very good Is it BT?, perhaps

i had better withdraw that we know you are incapable of answering questions

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

My question concerning the fault tracker has yet to be answered

My question concerning the inaccuracy of the fault tracker has not been answerd after 3 days

so the next question is what purpose does this forum have if the questions are not addressed

The tracker still says my fault will be rectified by monday the 10th at 17-00 does this mean that

British Telecom has invented time travel and kept it secret

[Alt Txt]

Estimated repair date

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Hi Barry505,

I can report this to our product support guys who can investigate the problem with the online checker but I'll need your details first. Drop me an emwil and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Re: My question concerning the fault tracker has yet to be answered

Progress
[Alt Txt]

Wed 5 Jan 11:17

Fault diagnostic run

The problem is probably located within BT's network. The Openreach Engineer is currently working to fix the fault. You will be contacted shortly to update you with our progress.

We aim to fix this within 3 working days of the fault being reported.

[Alt Txt]
[Alt Txt]

Estimated repair date

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Re: My question concerning the fault tracker has yet to be answered

It will be interesting to see when the fault tracker catches up with realityMy heart goes out to those of you with new faults , dont pin to much hope on the website

[Alt Txt]

Estimated repair date

0 Ratings