Estimated repair date

We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown

0 Ratings
Somerled
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 23

Re: My question concerning the fault tracker has yet to be answered

Has your fault been fixed yet ?

The duff information from the status website will be due to the BT Openreach people not updating the faults database. BT Openreach are usually pretty effective, but their quality can be patchy in a few parts of the country. Where are you ? Do you know which exchange you are on ? (BT Openreach are the people who own and maintain the external lines. They provide a service to BT Retail who is your supplier. The two are completely separate - BT Retail is operated at "Arms length" from BT Openreach).

Have you had a reply from the moderator yet ?

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Oh I undesrtand the structure of BT and if you try to talk directly to bt openreach they refer you back to your service provider which happens to also be BT but retail , the fact remains that this website is owned by BT whichever company , it is therefore the responsibilty of BT to maintain its accuracy not for customers of BT to be sent off runing round the internet to get this site updated I know what my exchange is and with  past experince of getting BT to put right problems i even know the route the cables from my home follow to the exchange.

The fact remains that the fault tracker is now 10 days out of date in my case, lord alone knows how many others, BT operatives assure me I am not being singled out for "special" treatment so is it 10's 100's 1000's or does the thing just not work at all.see below just pasted from the tracker

[Alt Txt]

Mon 10 Jan 17:00

Estimated repair date

We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 14 of 23

Hi barry505,

If the fault is still ongoing then that's obviously a mistake with the tracker. Sorry about that.

If you want us to check the fault in more detail send in your details.

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 23

Just one question has your fault been cleared yet??
0 Ratings
phonelessjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Re: What is the point of the fault tracking on this website

lucky for you that the tracking system says you have a fault, when i check the status of the fault on line it says no fault listed!!!!    we have had no phone or internet for 4 weeks!!!!!

the cowboys from bt have failed to keep the 7 appointments that they arranged, and i have been told nothing but lies from the telephone conversations i have had, in fact why have a complaints system at all? as that just gets ignored, i feel the whole system is patheitic

0 Ratings
nickcleave
Message 17 of 23

My parents home phone line went dead 2 weeks ago

My parents are aged and disabled. I was fortunate to be staying with them for a few days at the time and went online to bt fault tracking. Fault tracking indicated there was no fault on the line. I checked twice again through the day with the same result, no fault. The next day the line was still dead but fault tracking again said there was no fault on the line.

I watched the bt fault help video and came to the conclusion that the problem was with our home phone handset. I purchased an identical model for £34, and replaced it, but the line was still dead.

I rechecked bt online fault tracking again and was surprised to see that a fault was now indicted in the line at BT Network.I had wasted £34

I then registered the fault online, received a fault reference number and received a text message to my mobile saying'looking into your fault' and 'we'll be in touch as soon as we have some news'. A local engineer came the next day buthe said he could not resolve the fault locally.

Now, two weeks later, the line is still dead.

The online fault tracker placed messages that more time was needed to resolve the fault, then gave an estimated repairdate two days ago, which is obviously a false estimate as the line is still dead.

The online fault tracker has not been updated or corrected and I have not been 'contacted' and 'updated' as promised.

I have received no text messages to my mobile, giving me 'fault update news' as promised.

I phoned the help line yesterday and today but have not received return calls from them giving update information aspromised.

My aged parents feel very lost without a home phone. My father is just out of hospital. I am trying to keep my parentsupdated, I live 250 miles away from them and have to resort to contacting them through neighbours.

I can understand that the bt phone line fault may need time to repair, but leaving me and my parents without any updateinformation leaves us feeling lost, alone, forgotten, and low priority.

After reading similar BTCare Community Forums discussions, I am concerned that these issues are a continuing regularoccurrence.

0 Ratings
barry505
Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Its interesting to note that despite my comments nearly a year ago people are still experincing the same problem , its also interesting to note that BT employees who phone trying to sell me further services are suprised when I tell them that BT cant be trusted to run a telephone service so why should I trust them with broadband (I use virgin).

Its also intersting to note that no one from BT has bothered to address my comments although BT's TV adverts are still promoting the lie that they are in some was superiour to the compitition , I have on the shelf behind me the last 4 years BT phone books for an unchanged area and guess what at the present rate they will soon be pocket size from a book that was akward to handle, its time BT woke up to the fact that retail customers are leaking away at an alarming rate and its all down to the total lack of care .

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 19 of 23

Hi nickcleave,

I am sorry that you are having trouble getting this fault sorted out.  I'll be happy to give you a hand with this and make sure we get your parents line up and going again.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 23

BT has known about the problem with the fault tracker on their web site long before you started to moan about it. As someone already explained earlier the web site gets its information directly from BT Retails fault reporting system, no individual person personally enters it onto bt.com for you. Now the updates are all very well and good if the fault is reported and fixed within its normal timescales.

If the fault is more complex though, i.e. needs a dig then any updates have to come directly from Openreach. Now if Openreach updated bt.com for BT they would have to do it for all their customers, which would cost too much.

The reason BT haven’t done anything about the fault tracker on their web site is simply because of where they are prioritising their budget, which over the past few years has been the FTTC/FTTP network.

Also I don’t think anyone from BT has addressed your comments about their TV adverts being better than their competitors as lies because they probably don’t think anyone is actually stupid enough to believe any business out there would spend millions of pounds on advertising saying please buy or product, oh but by the way X & Y offer a cheaper and better service than us.

0 Ratings