cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barry505
Contributor
Message 21 of 23

Re: What is the point of the fault tracking on this website

So we are right back to the original point , if the fault tracker does not work why bother to have it on the site, it was up to 2 weeks out of date in my case and now it is misleading another person trying to resolve a problem for disabled parents.

If something cant be made to work remove it , its obvious that you are a BT plant or employee trying to defend the indefensable, rather than making constructive comment.

I love the way BT is trying to kid us that openreach is some how a seperate organization from BT retail yet another ploy to blame someone else

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 23

@barry505 wrote:

So we are right back to the original point , if the fault tracker does not work why bother to have it on the site, it was up to 2 weeks out of date in my case and now it is misleading another person trying to resolve a problem for disabled parents.

If something cant be made to work remove it , its obvious that you are a BT plant or employee trying to defend the indefensable, rather than making constructive comment.

I love the way BT is trying to kid us that openreach is some how a seperate organization from BT retail yet another ploy to blame someone else

Hi barry505, apart from the mods, everyone here is a customer like yourself and is allowed to give there opinion .

As for your other point about BT being seperate from Openreach, being another ploy etc. They actually are seperate. This is the result of OFCOM's recomenedations, not BT's.

Actually I am sure that BT would love it to be otherwise.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
jeluidonne
Message 23 of 23

Answer to the original question... there is no point to the fault tracking on the website, however it may make you think that you are being looked after by a very consumer conscious, customer orientated conglomerate who use the cutting edge in technology to sort your problems/faults. Unfortunately when it is not updated and more seriously when the fault is not sorted, the customer then begins to think that BT are incompetent, but as yet the customer hasnt actuually spoken to anyone which is key to BT as this saves money, because those call centres in India are getting expensive.  As it gets worse you might then phone BT and this is where the thought that they are incompetent is very quickly confirmed. I reported a fault using the online method on 1st Dec, and then on 2nd Dec rang and got through to India, to a nice guy who said he would look into the fault, talk to the engineers and then ring me the next day (3rd Dec) with an update. He rang and said' Hello is your landline working yet?' Hellooooo why did he ring me if he was not aware of the status of my phoneline. When i told him the fault had not been sorted, he muttered something about engineers and went of the line. I rang today and got the 3 working days spiel  and she asked me if i wanted her to email me the terms and conditions detailing the 3 working day rule. I declined as my internet like most others only works when the landline is working, i was tempted though to ask her to phone me on my landline and read me the full t&c's but i guess with no phone line she maybe couldnt have done that either...so back to the original question, there is no point in having a tracking system for faults online, but if it keeps you from ringing them and actually confirming all your fears that they are c.r.a.p ...then maybe that is why they have never trashed it.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings