cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 3

What is this I hear about BT Trialing 3.0dB Target Noise Margin?

Go to solution

Hi guys,

I have recently seen some posters stating that BT are trialing 3.0dB Target Noise Margin, and I'm wondering if any of you can fill me in on whats going on with it, who is involved and when in/after the training period it is trialed?

I'm hopefully going to be getting 21CN on the 12th of February, so any information on it will be gratefully received as it will mean I don't have to adjust the SNR on my router, which could upset the DLM.

Anyone?

Cheers

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is this I hear about BT Trialing 3.0dB Target Noise Margin?

Go to solution

@chris6273 wrote:

Hi guys,

I have recently seen some posters stating that BT are trialing 3.0dB Target Noise Margin, and I'm wondering if any of you can fill me in on whats going on with it, who is involved and when in/after the training period it is trialed?

I'm hopefully going to be getting 21CN on the 12th of February, so any information on it will be gratefully received as it will mean I don't have to adjust the SNR on my router, which could upset the DLM.

Anyone?

Cheers

I think it started last November. The "target" SNR was reduced from a minimum of 6dB down to 3dB, which has been giving people disconnections and slow speeds due to CRC errors. This has been happening mostly when it gets dark.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: What is this I hear about BT Trialing 3.0dB Target Noise Margin?

Go to solution

Thanks for your quick reply, Keith :).

I'll make sure I monitor my connection for CRC errors when I'm switched incase I suffer from the same problems.

Thanks again

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings