cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 21

Re: What next for Anywhere?

As soon I can I am downgrading my bb package and getting my mobile elsewhere, hoping for a decent bb deal as I have been with bt for over 10 years! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Been there did that, got a much better rate for broadband and anytime calls without the BBA phone. Moved to Asda mobile as it is cheaper than anywhere else for what we wanted on PAYG. Seems even BT have admitted they don't want this as the HH3 doesn't support their VOIP phones.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Just out of interest do other mobile providers offer a multiple mobile contract for upto five users for domestic use? Where you can share the minutes texts and data allowances between the handsets?

regards

baz

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

BT Total Broadband any where, is this the end.... 

Just been on to BT about signing up to one of their broadband packages, the one with the unlimited landline calls, and to delete the hub phone any time package that I am on at the mo (Very unreliable, no wonder they are binning it) on option 3 at the mo, I was informed that if I wanted to change or enter into any new BB contracts I would have to "drop the mobile part" any one else been told this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 21

That's odd as I've just renewed by BBA contract for 18 months (had to extend the BB contract as well)

I know that the new hub doesnt support BBT, BT just told me to stick with the hub2 if I use the service which is fine for me

regards

baz

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Hi bazza, just as a matter of interest, did they offer you a better deal on renewing your current contract, on the broadband for example, the point i am making is, is the BT BB anywhere, being phased out, and not being offered to potential new customers, ie the mobile side

regards

Barry..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Hi Baz

wow that was weird like talking to myself Smiley Happy

I contacted the support desk to enquire about my contract and to see if there were any new handsets. I was informed that I'd been in contract for enough time to allow a new handset but this would mean re contracting for another 18 months so I cant see it being phased out for that reason

Although they may not have the latest  handsets (I ended up with a Desire) Anywhere still works for me in that the package I am on and the you can have additional handset, I have had no major problems with the service, and when I have had troubles they've either been fixed, or I was notified that there was an issue that would be fixed shortly etc, so I decided to take them up on the offer. No real change to the mobile contract, but I got a few shillings off the BB side and a lower price for the Vision.

I've been with BT mobile (hovis theme playing in background) since Fusion and continued through to BBA, it looks as though the package is still up for grabs for new starters as you can still navigate to the BT web page for the service and it still advertises the htc phones and BB packages with the new shiny hub3

BBA doesnt use BBT since they moved off the 620/710 handsets, so it makes no difference that the hub3 doesnt have BBT service built on

I did ask about that as I (or the missus I should say) really use the voip, and they simply said stick to the hub 2, which again is fine for me another piece of BT kit that never really had major problems with, and I can use the sip droid software to get BBT on mobile and my android tablet winner!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Hi Baz, I know what you mean about talking to your self, I do it all the time, lol.. thanks for all that info, contrract not due for renewal till july, so I will get back in touch with them then, see what sort of deal they can do for me, I have never had any probs, and am very happy with the service I have had, I like the BT Vision service, and mobile tarriff I am on is perfect for my needs, oh and the hovis ad, that brings back memories, , I remember when I was a lad, lol, think I willkeep my hh2, for she who must be obeyed, she hammers voip, when it works, cheers mate

regards

Barry

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

But the problem seems to be pricing, when I enquired, to get anywhere near what Talk Talk offered for Broadband, unlimited calls, line rental, I was informed I'd have to drop the mobile part. Did the sums, no brainer (and Talk Talk were £27.50 all in) so you pays your money and takes your choice. BTW BT beat the TT deal.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 21

Has anyone found out what phone is availlbe for recontracting? and what sort of deals can be had? there must a lot of us with only a few weeks left on our contract.

0 Ratings