cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 11 of 62

Re: What on earth is going on with my connection?!

borley - I completely missed your message so my apologies.

It's not the router ports my friend. Both the Hub Manager and the Network Centre on my PC confirm I have a 100mbit connection.

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 62

@martpu wrote:

Cheers Tony. As mentioned in PM, it is 100% playing up again now.  Took about 30 seconds to load this thread when it was immediate when I first turned the PC on at 7am. Even loading up the 'Reply' page took just as long.

I'm actually pleased as hopefully now the engineer can see what I'm having to put up with.  I have never known anything like this in all my 5 years of having broadband. More issues in 6 days of Infinity than 5 years of BT Total Broadband?!

Will let you know how the engineer visit goes mate.

All the best.

Paul

Ring up India, they will tell you you have toooooo many Icons on your desktopSmiley Very Happy sorry mate had to get that one in.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 62

@toekneem wrote:

Ring up India, they will tell you you have toooooo many Icons on your desktopSmiley Very Happy sorry mate had to get that one in.

Also heard CS India told a BT Vision customer the reason he had a problem was because he was on Sky broadband!!!

And the reason smoke was coming out of an Openreach modem was because "there was a fault at the exchange"

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 62

@PC wrote:

@toekneem wrote:

Also heard CS India told a BT Vision customer the reason he had a problem was because he was on Sky broadband!!!

And the reason smoke was coming out of an Openreach modem was because "there was a fault at the exchange"

And we say they read from a script, Smiley Very Happy Surely notSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 15 of 62

Well Tony,

I waited in between 8am-1pm as requested for the engineer and surprise surprise no engineer turned up!

Phoned India and was told that, being a Sunday, they couldn't get anyone out.  Why could they not simply call me and tell me this?  How difficult can it be?!

Anyhow, apparently an engineer will be coming out Thursday afternoon to have a look, which will be 9 days after Infinity was installed and given the internet has been practically unusable for 4 of the first 6 days I have been on it, no doubt that will incresase to 7 out of 9 days by the time the engineer (hopefully) turns up.  I WILL be making a formal complaint and demading compensation.

At the time of writing this, the internet is still practically unusable and that has been the case for the past 6 hours.  India believe it to be either two problems. 1. Either the modem, hub or both are faulty or 2. There is a connection problem between the fibre wire meeting the copper wire.  I'm going with the latter and have actually thought that all along given I'm the first person to have Infinity on the Peterborough Central (01733) exchange so it's only natural I suppose for there to be hiccups but nevertheless, it's still not good enough.

So now I've got to wait another 4 days until anything is done.  Super smashing great!!

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 62

Hi Paul,

I have got to say I was surprised anyway when you said engineer on a Sunday, (call you, are you seriousSmiley Wink)

Well if its still rubbish after the Engineer visit, your 10 days is virtually up anyway, then fill in the contact form and let the mods try and get it sorted.

You know where the form is don't you. It would also be a couple of days before they got back to you.

I was also the first on the South Benfleet exchange, although my speed did drop from the initial 37/38 after about a month, it has stayed stable ever since with no other problems.

Yes you have to try for some sort of compensation, but it will probably be peanuts, but hey!! I like peanuts anyway.

Good luck Thursday.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 17 of 62

Hi Tony,

I emailed the mods yesterday or the day before (can't remember now) and currently await their reply as this issue has nothing to do with the 10 day training period whatsoever and I shouldn't have to wait for this to pass for them to do anything.  Whatever the issue is, it certainly isn't going to resolve itself once the 10 days are up, that's for sure!

The internet continues to be painfully slow and it has now been over 6 hours since it started playing up.  No doubt it'll be working again at some point this afternoon/evening (I can practically read it like a book now!) and I'll let you know WHEN (not IF!) that is!

All the best mate.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 18 of 62

You are not alone! When Infinity was first installed, it was great. But that didn’t last long. Now I’m suffering from diabolically slow speeds and constantly dropped lines. The trouble is you just can’t contact them! I’ve had several 30 minutes calls to their so-called support, stuck in a queue while some voice informs me how busy they are – No surprise there! When and if you finally do get through, you get some noob in India that cannot speak a word of English and constantly and very insincerely tells you how sorry they are. I’ve had two engineer visits scheduled, which they never attended. I’ve had no choice now but to cancel my direct debit and I am no longer paying for a service I don’t actually get. So I wish you all the luck in the world, but personally I’ve given up!

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 19 of 62

Hi John, I totally understand your frustration mate and don't blame you for wanting to cancel your DD. I thought about that too! Can I ask whether you were on BT Total Broadband before Infinity and if so, did you have any problems then?

Do you, or more so can you, ever take speed tests (i.e. speedtest.net) when your connection is really slow?  If so, can you tell me what your down and upload speeds are when you do?  My speed is that slow that, 99% of the time it's impossible to run a speed test but on the odd occasion I can, I've been getting download speeds of between 0.07-0.19mb!  Needless to say, it renders the internet useless!

Cheers.

Paul

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 62

martpu,
One thing that keeps jumping to my mind in your case,is the telephone line to your home might be faulty or have an intermitent loose connection,or simply have too much noise on the line.
Have you checked your line for niose.?
If you here anything during the test then you need to report a line fault,but don`t mention BB if you do.

0 Ratings