cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 62

Re: What on earth is going on with my connection?!

hi Paul,

fwp-smiley-09.gif

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 32 of 62

Tony, I really shouldn't blow my own trumpet as within an hour of me posting, browsing was no longer possible again :0(

To say this issue is bizarre is an understatement!! Anyhow, I have a personal complaint handler dealing with my case and they will ensure the engineer checks, double checks and replaces everything (I hope!) so touch wood, maybe, just maybe, I'll see an end to all this come Thursday.

Then again I probably won't!!!!!

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 62

My internet has been off then on then off......on,off, for the past 12 hours,the modem keeps losing it`s DSL light [no outside connection].
It is destroying my Belkin router with the constant resetting,proberly what messed with the new draytek too.
If this continues I will video it all happening and send a demand for payment from BT as it is thier modem or bad lines or exchanges,or just the fact that they are not technically trained enough to run a telecommunications company that is costing me money.
My network never goes down,but the internet does due to the lack of skill by BT to keep it online,but np as I believe in no internet no payment.
Short of an act of god or power cut I expect my connection to be live 24/7.

It gets worse,as due to the contant on off`s my profile is now 35600 [was 38717] and my test speed is now 32000k [was 37000k].Even the exchanges are useless it appears,as imo profiles should not change that quick [unless planned].

Funny thing is that for 3 months [free internet] it was fine,but now my first internet paying bill is due this happens,not a wise move if they want money from me.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 34 of 62

The lights on both my modem and hub have always been working as they should. Well at least I think so because from reading the Infinity set up guide it says both the power and DSL lights on the modem should be a solid green to say they're working however the LAN1 should be a flashing green.

This could be perfectly normal but my LAN1 light usually flashes once every 4-5 seconds then it's solid. Sometimes it flashes consistently for a second or two only to go back to a solid light again for a few seconds.

Is this normal?

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 62

Yes! if your LAN1 light is flashing slowly it`s fine,but the DSL light should always stay solid green.
But sometimes the modem lights indicate np,but no internet.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 36 of 62

Sorry ironman, what's np mate?

Also, to eliminate the possibility of the Hub 3 being at fault, is it possible to use the Hub 2 with Infinity as if so it can't do any harm me trying it before the engineer arrives on Thursday?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 62

nothing changes i see the same old problems with router and bt india lol,sorry guys hi tony 😉
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 62

@sicknote00 wrote:
nothing changes i see the same old problems with router and bt india lol,sorry guys hi tony 😉

Hi sicknote00, hows the connection been, don't tell me you got troubles againSmiley Sad

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 62

hi mate 🙂 no all is fine (so far) LOL i did need the router changed a while back,got that sorted and my hub decided to reset itself last night and done it all by itself LOL
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 62

@martpu wrote:
Sorry ironman, what's np mate?

Also, to eliminate the possibility of the Hub 3 being at fault, is it possible to use the Hub 2 with Infinity as if so it can't do any harm me trying it before the engineer arrives on Thursday?

Cheers.

Some of the HH2 were modified for Infinity. Have a look and see if there is an Infinity socket on the back of yours.... but I doubt.

Picture of HH2 with just the "normal" ADSL socket. And the back of HH3 with Infinity socket.

Here's Pip's post on how to eliminate the HomeHub and connect direct to the Openreach Modem for testing.

Always handy to get hold of a spare HH3 for situations like this imho.... Thanks Pip Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings