cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 51 of 62

Re: What on earth is going on with my connection?!

Ping tests seem ok mate.

Taken 3 today (nearest server = Milton Keynes)

Ping was 22ms, 22ms, 23ms

Jitter was 0ms, 1ms, 2ms

Packet loss was 0% on all 3.

I might have exaggerated a little.  The graph drop doesn't happen all the time and when it does, it's usually right at the end of the test.  Sometimes it can happen midway through and some of the drops are very slight but on the odd occasion it drops and rises in a V shape as previously mentioned but that's quite rare.  The only reason I mentioned it as I'm sure it was pratcially a straight line on Total Broadband but then I was only getting approx 3mb so I suppose there's not that much speed to play around with compared to 37mb (I'm probably talking bull now!).

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 52 of 62

Mate that's exactly what I'm talking about and no the dip does change.

How did you copy the pic onto here!?!

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 53 of 62

Just wanted to congratulate myself on my 100th post!!!!! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 54 of 62

@martpu wrote:

Mate that's exactly what I'm talking about and no the dip does change.

How did you copy the pic onto here!?!

I'll send you a PM 

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 55 of 62

Right! Engineer come and gone.

Apparently I had the wrong modem fitted and I was told different areas have different modems due to their cabinets (I had a version 3B of one make and needed a version 1B of another???).  Whether this is true or not I have no idea but anyhow, all is working so far but it has only been 20 mins!

What I'm now concerned about is prior to the engineer leaving, he did a little test and got a text message through on his mobile confirming my download speed should be 39.4meg. I've ran two speedtest.net tests and one BTSpeedtester test in the 10 mins since the modem and hub have been active.  The download speeds on the speedtest.net tests were ONLY 9mb then 4mb yet the BTSpeedtester test said 30mb (upload speeds on all 3 tests were around 8meg as expected)?!

Now this could be given it's only been on 10 mins but then the first test I did not long after Infinity was installed last Tuesday was 37meg  I'm convinced this is far from the end of it Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 56 of 62

Latest speedtest.net test (taken 10 mins after the test that gave me a 4mb download speed) is now 36meg!?!?!?!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 62

Hi Martpu,

speedtest.net can give strange results, especially very soon after a profile reset.

Fingers crossed for the future. My profile has not risen above the 31.816 that it became after my last engineers visit. But crossing everything when saying that perhaps a lower profile is acceptable if it is more stable!

Just wondering is the community site going very slow this afternoon?

Michael

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 58 of 62

Cheers Michael.

And yes it has gotten slow and boy am I glad you've noticed it too as the way my connection has been, you can understand if I'm a little nervous at the minute!!

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 59 of 62

Well my issues are far from over. I now have a solid orange light on my Hub and resetting the Hub (including factory reset) and turning the modem off/on does not solve it!

Next ill be told the Hub's no longer compatible with this new modem!

Complete and utter joke.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 60 of 62

@martpu wrote:

Right! Engineer come and gone.

Apparently I had the wrong modem fitted and I was told different areas have different modems due to their cabinets (I had a version 3B of one make and needed a version 1B of another???).  Whether this is true or not I have no idea but anyhow, all is working so far but it has only been 20 mins!

Hi Paul.

The words Bull and Excrement spring to mindSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings