cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

What's included in my 10G limit?..

Good afternoon all!  I've just got off the phone with India (always a happy experience), having asked them what I thought was a simple question & am not really any the wiser.

I asked "Does listening to BBC Radio through my PC contribute to my 10G download limit?"

He answered (essentially), "No, it doesn't."

I then asked a friend of a friend that used to work for BT, who said "Yes, it does."

Calling BT back, I got a different operator who said "Yes, it does."

Please, can any of the insanely clever people here give me a definitive answer?

I post this with apologies for being stupid & genuine thanks for your time & attention.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: What's included in my 10G limit?..

Surely it does. It's streaming the audio signal to your PC through the internet from a remote server.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 7

Any data packets ... ANY .... that are either downloaded or uploaded, regardless of protocol, add to your limit.  😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

@Nigel wrote:

Good afternoon all!  I've just got off the phone with India (always a happy experience), having asked them what I thought was a simple question & am not really any the wiser.

I asked "Does listening to BBC Radio through my PC contribute to my 10G download limit?"

He answered (essentially), "No, it doesn't."

I then asked a friend of a friend that used to work for BT, who said "Yes, it does."

Calling BT back, I got a different operator who said "Yes, it does."

Please, can any of the insanely clever people here give me a definitive answer?

I post this with apologies for being stupid & genuine thanks for your time & attention.

Hi Nigel.

The only things that are not included are BTVision data, BBTalk calls and BTFon. Everything else counts.

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

@Andy_N wrote:

The only things that are not included are BTVision data, BBTalk calls and BTFon. Everything else counts.

...except Digital vault.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_broadbandusagepolicy

---x---

*BT services such as BT Vision via the Vision+ box, BT Digital Vault and BT Broadband Talk are not affected by our Fair Usage Policy and don't count towards your usage allowance.

---x---

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@IanC wrote:

@Andy_N wrote:

...except Digital vault.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_broadbandusagepolicy

---x---

*BT services such as BT Vision via the Vision+ box, BT Digital Vault and BT Broadband Talk are not affected by our Fair Usage Policy and don't count towards your usage allowance.

---x---

Sorry about that - I keep forgetting about that particular service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Everything you download or upload counts, except for a few BT-provided services.
The only services I can think of that are not counted are BT Vision, BT Digital Vault and BT Broadband Talk.
0 Ratings