cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

What's the point in service status checking?

In the Nottinghamshire area and my infinity 2 is appalling.

Speeds are fine but pages are slow or won't load. This has been happening for the last 24 hrs and after several reboots of modem no improvement.

I checked the bt business service status website and surprise surprise no issues shown other than an issue in Chesterfield but not affecting my dialling code.

If I use the bt personal checker and input my phone number all I get is a "we're sorry but due to technical issues were unable to provide this service".

What a joke, no Internet and no way of finding a reliable answer.

BT joke.

Posting this on my 3G connection.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
tre999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: What's the point in service status checking?

sorry i'm confused lol you say speeds are fine but web wont load pages ????, have you tried other desktop,laptop mobile phone using the same connection ...is this broadband or pc problem...

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

When it does connect and I do a speed test I get my usual speed and ping.

1 x mac, 2 iPhones, iPad, Xbox and Apple TV. All so far crippled.

0 Ratings
scalow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Sounds like you are experiencing similar issues to a few of us in this thread:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Webpages-not-loading-generally-slow/td-p/670244

Nothing has been resolved yet, I've contacted the moderators but no reply.

0 Ratings
DelSP10
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

BT service status, love it..........

Reason is I can see where problems are and where BT are having to re-route, so I know there is a slow down.

I prefer service status at top of forum, not business one.

Plusnet & AAISP also have good info, including planned works on Open Reach network.

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Well this morning, rebooted again.

Some sites working others you have to click twice on anything to get it to load.

Can't log in to anything on a secure site either like banking. Just times out.

Yet again no issues currently shown on the service status pages or the phone line.

Can't be arsed to ring India as it will be guaranteed to be a problem of my own like the wrong type of electricity or something as was the case last time I rang.
0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

'I checked the bt business service status website and surprise surprise no issues shown other than an issue in Chesterfield but not affecting my dialling code.'

Have you considered that the problem you are experiencing is just isolated to you and not everyone on your PCP or Exchange area. BT only list known problems that are affecting whole area's, not individual customers, if they did you would have a list of about 29,000 problems at any one time.

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

It's comments like yours plain ire which put people off asking questions.

The problems I am experiencing are exactly the same as others have been reporting for the last couple of days. However my point regarding the status pages is that MY dialling code is not listed in the list of about 9 and neither is my parents who yes are experiencing the same problems as myself.

Funnily enough it is not a problem with my kit clearly and I wouldn't expect BT to list individual numbers either. Just an appreciation of the problem would be nice.

Now that's not too much to ask is it? Or are you going to say I'm asking too much?
0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 13

If there isn't a Major Service Outage in your area they aren't going list anything on the Service Status Page because there is nothing to list.

Have you even bothered reporting your fault to BT?

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 13

No but my point is (again) plainview, instead of just saying specific dialling codes to make a general statement based on the facts. The Sheffield fault affected 11 dialling codes, some nowhere near Sheffield, Darlington was listed for example.

Clearly you don't need a degree in geography to realise they aren't co located in the uk, not even by any stretch of the imagination so therefore it is not a regionalised issue.

I also note from some of your other posts you seem to be against anybody making a complaint against BT. You obviously have a vested interest!? Incidentally, yes I did contact BT and they said my area was not affected however the Sheffield fault was turning out to cover a wider area than published.

And to add, once the fault was rectified my Internet returned to normal.

0 Ratings