cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjr2907
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

What's wrong with getting something right first time!

I give up, twice I phoned BT prior to my move as it wouldn't let me complete the moving form online, twice someone said they'd call back and never did. By the time I spoke to sensible operator number 3 it became apparent that my move was going to be delayed and not be in anyway a smooth transition (yet again - memo to self, don't move). So having waited two weeks, taken a day off work, the engineer arrives to find the allocated line is no good for the property, but then why would it be as its the other side of the river and very close to the property we've just moved out of! So it's back to making more calls, losing the will to live and generally getting more and more disenchanted with the service. Is it really so hard to get things right without having all of this aggravation?
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: What's wrong with getting something right first time!

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
mjr2907
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

So to update, I've now been told they can't put a line in and my home move order has been cancelled, but I have to pay to cancel the contract on the property I no longer live in. I appreciate BT is a business but it's not my fault they can't put a line in and this seems more than a little unfair. There must be a policy to cover this, I know other companies have. So now I have no phone, no internet, but I'm still expected to pay for my non existent service.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

@mjr2907 wrote:
So to update, I've now been told they can't put a line in and my home move order has been cancelled, but I have to pay to cancel the contract on the property I no longer live in. I appreciate BT is a business but it's not my fault they can't put a line in and this seems more than a little unfair. There must be a policy to cover this, I know other companies have. So now I have no phone, no internet, but I'm still expected to pay for my non existent service.

They are on dodgy ground there. Contact the Mods and they'll get this looked into for you (as per the link above).

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
mjr2907
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Thanks for the advice guys I've completed my form and submitted it, so let's see what happens next.
0 Ratings
mjr2907
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

It's possible - but I won't hold my breath just in case, that my order has been cancelled and due to the fact a line can't be installed at my new address that I won't be held to my old contract. Once I have my final bill and something in writing I'll be convinced, but here's hoping the issue is resolved.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

Hi mjr,

So whats happened today?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
mjr2907
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I phoned again last night as although my new property connection has been cancelled it looked like a new order on the website. The lady I spoke to explained that it had been cancelled but yes what you see on the website is misleading. Why it can't just show a status of cancelled is beyond me! I asked about the connection at the old property and she said that I needed to wait for a final bill as I was not being held to term as its not my fault the new line can't be installed. If this is correct and based on my moving date of 9th May and my last bill where I was charged for line rental upto the 10th, and I received a credit on the previously paid advance charges my final bill should be zero, but I won't believe it to I see it.
0 Ratings
mjr2907
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

So to update my order which had disappeared is back, the services which had also disappeared from My BT are back and I've been charged for the next months Internet even though I've not been connected in any shape or form since 10th May. This is starting to look like extortion, or plain incompetence.
0 Ratings
mjr2907
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

It's getting better! Bill has now been reduced from £48.87 to £2.87 but I'm still not oing to pay for a service I haven't received. So it won't be collected by DD at the end of the month as I've cancelled the DD. When will BT get anything right?
0 Ratings