cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Midgetgem1973
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

What speed could I expect?

When I go on to this site http://fttc-check.alc.im/search/BB88BN it says uplift 11.47, I'm currently connect at 11mbps on adsl 2+ so what can I expect on fibre once my cabinet goes live?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: What speed could I expect?

it would suggest a maximum possible connection

this checker will give you more accurate information

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

just check the speeds for FTTC
0 Ratings
Midgetgem1973
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

It doesn't show anything yet as the FTTC cabinet has only just been switched on and we are waiting for BT to commision it. It seems to be taking forever. But as I thought yes I should get maximum speed. Cabinet is not that far away so that's good. Just keep checking every day to see if I can order yet x
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

By switched on can you hear the fans if you stand beside the cabinet? If nothing then not yet ready

fttn-speed-graph.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Midgetgem1973
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I was driving passed last week and a chap was at the FTTC cabinet and I stopped and asked and he said he has switched it on and it's all ready to go, just waiting on BT now. I may go and have a listen when I next go out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

As i have said on other posts it took a year after installation before it was available but once the fans were running it was only about 7 days to activation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Midgetgem1973
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I've just checked again, in the wholesale website and it's now changed to show what I should get and it's available on the 30th June. Will keep checking each day to see if I can order as I know sometimes the dates can change 🙂
0 Ratings