cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

What to do if your request for a new number when moving is not being actioned?!!

I have just had an extremely frustrating experience trying to converse intelligibly with the Call Centre over a problem that appears to have arisen with a recent order to move my broadband & phone service.

I ticked the box to request a new number for the property I am moving into as my previous residence was rented and they do not want me to take the number with me.  Despite this, according to my current order, this is not being processed (the reason why this had occurred was unintelligible!) and my only way round this is to call back once I've moved and the service has been transferred with my existing number to get a new number allocated then.

That is fine but I wanted reassurance that my original number could then be 'given back' to the original address so I am not in breach of any of my rental conditions.  Sadly, despite repeated attempts, I could get the Call Centre to understand this relatively simple concept!

Given that this is a fault of BTs for not actioning my request as instructed I would be grateful if somebody with reasonably robust communication skills could get in touch with me!

I live in hope!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: What to do if your request for a new number when moving is not being actioned?!!

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT. Could you please remove your order number from your posting, as this is a public forum.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  if that fails then,

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings