Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

What type of cable

I hopefully getting BT fibre 2 in a week or so which comes with a smart hub 2. As the cable that runs from my current router to the master socket which I currently have is looking very tatty (nibbled by a kitten) I intend replacing this with a good quality one and need a bit of advice.

I've read on a couple of forums that for a smart hub, this cable (it's the one with an RJ11 connector at each end) needs to be a specific type with 4 individual conductors. whilst other people state that one with 2 conductors is fine.

Could someone who knows about this sort of thing let me know what I really need, and if possible, recommend a good, low loss cable that I could buy. It needs to be about 4m in length.


Many thanks.


0 Ratings
Message 2 of 3

Re: What type of cable

If you are going to run rj11 for 4m then I would get a good quality shielded cable like this

belkin shielded rj11_.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: What type of cable

No idea what forum is telling you that you need 4 wires for a DSL cable, 2 is all that are needed. A quality RJ11-RJ11 cable is all that is needed as @imjolly  says.

0 Ratings