cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoreSaturn
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Whats with the terrible ping?

For the past few weeks I've been getting really bad ping issues for no reason whats so ever! Can't play online games on the Xbox like Fifa 13 because im at such a disadvantage. I'll even reset the hub get a new IP and it will be fine for 10 mins then ill be back to a ping of 400+ instead of my usual 18-25 ping. 

Checked BT Service status page and there is no issues in my area, anyone get any ideas whats wrong? Is it an issue with BT?

Reallt getting sick and tired of it now.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whats with the terrible ping?

can you please post a traceroute to ea games
0 Ratings
CoreSaturn
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

It's not the EA Games servers as when i test my ping on the desktop PC i ping the bbc.co.uk website. I've not actually ping'd the EA Games servers but i know its the ping of the connection from BT which is effecting my game play and YouTube video experience. No one was downloading at the times of bad ping either, i made sure of that. It seems stable now, but at times it will be really bad.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I suggested a trace route as it will show every hop and the problem may be outside the BT network but with out a trace route it is impossible to know
0 Ratings
Tarmanel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

This sounds like the same issue I have - I will dig out my thread as I've run a fresh pathping this evening and got two IP addresses, one of which is only two hops out from my house (my BT HH3 is hop 1, next hop ok, one after returns 100% packet loss, ok, ok, 100% loss and so on - I'll post an image on my main thread but it sounds remarkably similar symptoms.

0 Ratings