cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

WhatsApp media not sending or receiving without wifi

I have been able to send or receive WhatsApp media for over a week now. WhatsApp and BT are both saying the fault lies with the other party. I have totally factory reset my phone and media is still not sending or receiving. All whatsapp settings are correct. I have been told to check parental settings on 'my bt' and these are off. 

My gut feeling is that this is an issue with my sim card settings???

Please help

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: WhatsApp media not sending or receiving without wifi

@trevjames999 

There are two different settings for parental controls, one for your main BT broadband account, and one for each of your mobile accounts. Did you check the mobile settings  for your own mobile phone number?

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for quick reply. 

All parental controls are off. Both for number and overall on 'my bt' . I have deleted settings and it tells me to wait up to 2 hours.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Parental controls all off and I've had an email notification confirming this but media is still not sending or receiving. 

Just to clarify everything else mobile data wise is working

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Update. I have totally factory reset, installed only WhatsApp and new install. Still doesn't send or receive media. Also found out that Facebook messenger will not send or receive media when not using Wifi. 

This is definitely a sim or BT problem.

0 Ratings