cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WWScotland
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

When am I going to get any sort of service!!!

Moved house in April. Was with another broadband and telephone provider and used their home move service. That was April 7th. Gave up with them after a long wait as they were not providing a service.

Had a long chat online to a BT operator about the prior issues, and ordered my BT phone and broadband package on the 23rd June and was told by the online chat operator there were no issues whatsoever with my line to my house ( i have a dial tone on my working BT line) or at the local exchange. Activation date was 1st Jusy for both phone and broadband.

I have had 3 emails since then with new dates, 1 email stopping service, then another email with a new order on it. I have not cancelled anything.

I got in contact by mobile and was told I needed to place a new order, so i did. Once again service stopped email, then a thanks for you order email. Activation date was now 10th July. Another cancellation email and new order email later, and now phone service activation 7th July and broadband 25th July.

The 7th had come and gone and still no phone.

I was assured when I placed my order that there was no issues and the activation date was the 1st July. Why so many cancelled orders by "someone" not me, and what is the issue if there isnt one supposedly. Or was this just a ploy to get me to sign up to BT because of the issues with the previous supplier.

All the info I have is "We are currently investigating your Line order with our suppliers and will keep you updated with any progress. Please continue to check online for further updates.". What suppliers. BT are the suppliers, or BTOpenreach, same company at the end of the day. And what updates. I havent had anything. No calls, no emails. Nothing.

Extremely unhappy BT customer so far, and not even got a service yet.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: When am I going to get any sort of service!!!

Welcome to the forum. I've asked the moderators to look into this for you and they should post contact information here later on this morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
PaddyB
Message 3 of 6

Hi WWScotland,

Welcome to the community forum. I can take a look at your order. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Openreach are BT's suppliers and and also suppliers to all other providers apart from cable

Openreach operate as a totally independent company although part of the BT group BT Retail get no preferential service under OFCOM rules
0 Ratings
WWScotland
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Well I now have a phone. But still no broadband. Had the BTOpenreach engineer at the door as he was as confused as me as to why so many orders had been cancelled by them, and I had to explain everything to him too.

On the up side, he resolved my broadband issue at the exchange on Monday 4th August and called to let me know what he did to fix it. I emailed BT to let them know they could activate the broadband, but im still waiting on a call back from Judy or Robbie.

It seems that because BT has a stopped line from the previous occupant at my address, the order went through no problem. But because BTOpenreach did NOT have a stopped line on their computer, they kept rejecting my orders. I find this hard to believe buy hey ho, thats what they are telling me.

Also, my line was working, but on the old system which does not have broadband capability. BTOpenreach engineer has fixed this.

Still not at all happy with the service from BT, been billed on a cancelled order for router that I have not received.

Got a bill already from BT for my new account which is incorrect too.

And to top it off, to make it look good, BT gave me a free install (£130) for a new line that I didnt actually need and no one came to install anything.

I appreciate the work that Robbie and Judy have done, but I am still without broadband, im out of pocket, and have in no way been compensated for the delays as the new line was not required, as the Openreach engineer stated.

0 Ratings
WWScotland
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Well I was expecting a call from Robbie or Judy on Wednesday about my service, but nothing yet. They did say they would call with an update. Bit of deja-vu with my issues with TalkTalk I suppose. Thursday no call. Friday, still nothing yet. Fingers crossed. According to the openreach engineer, its ready to be switched on, just need Judy or Robbie to get this done, as they are supposed to be fast tracking it, then get my username and password arranged as I still dont have the router yet, even though I have been charged twice for it. I can use my old Netgear DGN2000 until the BT router arrives. Any of the Mods on here get someone to call?
0 Ratings