Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ryanm353
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

When can i get bt infinity?

Hi ive used the infinity checker but it dosnt give any good information. So can you guys tell me when i can get it? I live in Omagh and if you need the postcode or house number just ask because im currently with talktalk not BT.

So...when can i get it?

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: When can i get bt infinity?

A lot of exchanges, mine included, aren't even on the list to be upgraded.  If yours isn't, then you may have to wait years.

0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Hi there

You wont have to wait years, the NI Assembly have paid for the fibre network to be fitted over here so we are WAY infront of the rest of the UK.

If you go here: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and type in your phone number or postcode, then you will be told if you can get fibre. Come back and tell me what the site told you.
0 Ratings
Ryanm353
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

it says:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial check on your postcode indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 5 of 7

That means there is currently no fibre connection and the likely reason would be that you can already get a good speed using standard adsl. I assume that you are in NI as the other poster stated, they have paid to have lines upgraded that were really sub standard and only supported around 0.5 mbps. You line is in no hurry for an upgrade unfourtunately
0 Ratings
John026
Message 6 of 7

0 Ratings
tony8436
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

0 Ratings