cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PSCommunity
Message 1 of 5

When do BT update there DNS?

Hi, I have a website which I cant access (I get a BT error page saying this website cannot be found). People who also use BT as there ISP are having the same problems, yet people who use other ISP's (Sky for example) can access it. If I use a proxy I can access it too so this is definetly BT's problem.

Does anyone have an awnser as to how often BT updates the DNS? I dont want the hassle to have to change to Google's DNS. This is really frustrating, as even if i did the google dns instead, everyone with BT would have to do the same to access my website.

BT I need an awnser!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
jonsynergy
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: When do BT update there DNS?

I have had EXACTLY the same problem - I have changed the company who hosts my website and I can access the new version of the website if I bypass BT but not if I go through BT. I have made 4 phone calls which has taken almost 3 hours and nobody can help. In the end they started suggesting I call the same numbers I called earlier. The problem is that BT are using the old DNS records. If I wanted to take out a new service, I am sure BT would direct me to the right person in seconds. Where is BT customer support? When I asked them when they renew their cache, two of these "technical support" people, who were very difficult to understand, asked me if I wanted to discussing how I pay for the account. Cache not cash! I hate dealing with BT.  

0 Ratings
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

I use Google.  Smiley Wink

set 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 as your DNS.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
jonsynergy
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks, I did the same to show that BT was the problem. Why this company doesn't understand how to enable individuals to speak to the relevant technical people to answer these questions God only knows.

0 Ratings
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

You can speak to a technical person if you are prepared to pay the fee. Cheers..
0 Ratings