cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cammy55
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

When does BT Sport get activated on my Sky box after my order is placed for broadband?

We ordered Unlimited BT Broadband last night and have since received a 'Welcome' email and an order confirmation email detailing all our package contents including BT Sport.

We have Sky+ HD so will be viewing BT Sport on the TV and last night during the sign up process for broadband it asked us to enter our Sky viewing card number, which we did.

This morning I downloaded the BT Sport app on my Hudl tablet and it told me I had to 'activate' BT Sport within MyBT. So I did that and it all went through fine. However on the Sky+ HD box, BT Sport isn't activated on the channels its supposed to be on. All I see is the default blue screen and a message informing me I need to call Sky to upgrade to get BT Sport.

So - My question is, how long does it take for the Sky box to start letting me watch BT Sport on it? Or does BT Sport on the Sky+ HD box not begin to work until your broadband is fully up and running, in my case the date we've been given is the 16th June?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
dale
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: When does BT Sport get activated on my Sky box after my order is placed for broadband?

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question , but I would give BT a ring on this number 0800 111 4567 and ask them .

0 Ratings
Cammy55
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: When does BT Sport get activated on my Sky box after my order is placed for broadband?

Errrm.......I feel like a n00b. I was checking the BT Sport HD channels. Didn't realise it was only the SD channels you get free, they are up and running. Doh!

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Useful info for others though, that they are working on Sky before your BT broadband activation date.

You can order the HD versions of BT Sport 1&2 and ESPN on Sky for +£3 a month if you want to. I believe it's just a 30 day minimum term add-on that can be cancelled at any time after that with no notice required.

http://sport.bt.com/pages/sport/BT-Sport-on-Sky/index.html

0 Ratings